[23] Nowhere To Run

"And here it is, our final night aliveAnd as the earth burns to the ground Oh, girl, it's you that I lie with"

And as the earth burns to the ground
Oh, girl, it's you that I lie with"

As The World Caves In - Sarah Cothran
•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••

Isabel sighs as she exits the bathroom stall, heading for the sink. After washing her hands, she leans on the sink for a moment. She looks up in the mirror for a second and shakes her head, before turning the tap back on and splashing water on her face.

She shakes the water off of her hands before raising her head to look in the mirror again, this time her heart skipping a beat as she stares in fear. There she was again, herself, her double.

Her expression is cold as she stares back at Isabel, tilting her head ever so slightly - as-if unsure if she could see her or not. Her lips raise into a smirk as she realises that she could, in fact see her.

Isabel clamps her eyes shut before opening them again, the double giving a small chuckle at her attempt.

"That's not going to do anything, darling."

Isabel flinches at the voice, her own voice and turns around, hands resting behind her gripping the sink in fear. She was expecting her to disappear as she turned away from the mirror, but there she still stood.

"What did I tell you?" She snarls, "We are going to have so much fun."

Isabel panics as she takes a step closer, her hand reaching out for her cheek again - just like she did this morning. The fear of being trapped in her mind again, unable to control her own body forced her into action. She grabs the outstretched arm, pulling it harshly toward her as she moves out of the way.

The double slams up against the sink and mirror with a thud, a dark laugh bubbling out of her body as she snaps her head back to look at Isabel.

Isabel's eyes widen in fear, deciding not to stick around and making her way to the bathroom door. She slams it open, causing students in the hallway to jump at the loud sound but she just ignores them.

Isabel backs away from the bathroom door and stands horrified as her own body follows her out. Isabel shakes her head in confusion.

"This isn't possible." Isabel breathes out. "You're not real."

She tilts her head tauntingly, "Aren't I?"

Isabel turns on her heels, taking off with a start as she runs down the hallway, manoeuvring through students as she desperately tries to get away.