[13] Truth Hurts

"All night till morning comes,"•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••

•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••

"Where are they?" Stiles quickly rushes out to Allison who turns after hearing his voice.

He shuts the door to his Jeep as he turns to give a nod to Scott who pulls up at the same time on his motorbike.

"Over here." She tells him, directing him over to the two Martin girls.

"Izzy?" Stiles calls, one the the red-heads turning at his voice. Relief washes over as he sees her face.

Isabel and Lydia meet the three in the middle, Scott and Stiles looking at Lydia expectantly.

"It's the same thing - same thing as the pool. I got into the car heading somewhere totally different, and ended up here. ...And you told me to call you if there's a dead body." Lydia explains shakily.

"You found a dead body?" Stiles asks incredulously.

"Not yet..." Lydia says.

""Not yet?" What do you mean, "not yet?" Lydia, you're supposed to call us after you find the dead body." Stiles sighs.

"Oh, no. I'm not doing that again. You find the dead body from now on." Lydia scoffs.

"How are we supposed to find the dead body? You're always the one finding the dead body!" Stiles exclaims.

"Guys...? I found the dead body." Scott calls to the group.

The group turn, following Scott's eyes to see a body hanging over the Beacon Hills High School sign.

•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••

"Idioms, analogies, metaphors, and similes... All tools the writer uses to tell their story. Lydia, I wasn't aware you had so many hidden talents...?" Miss Blake quips at the girl as she walks past, noticing her drawing at her desk.

Isabel turns her head to see her cousin still sketching away, not even looking up before she stops, finally looking up at the teacher still stood beside her desk.

"You and every guy I've ever dated." Lydia sarcastically responds with a smile.

"Oh. Um, well, that was an idiom, by the way..." Miss Blake trails off awkwardly. "Idioms are something of a secret to the people who know the language or the culture. They're phrases that only make sense if you know key words. Saying "jump the gun" is meaningful only if you know about the starting gun in a race. Or, a phrase like, "seeing the whole board...""

"Like chess." Stiles mumbles.

"That's right, Stiles. Do you play?" Miss Blake asks, having heard the boy.

"Uh, no. My father does." Stiles answers.

"Now, when does an idiom become a cliché...?" Miss Blake continues.