[10] Motel California

"I'm yours to tame,"•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••TWThis episode contains mentions of suicide

•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••
TW
This episode contains mentions of suicide. Please skip this chapter if you need to.
•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••

The group slowly exits the bus, standing alongside each other as they take in the sight of the Glen Capri Motel in front of them. The motel is run down, the fluorescent lights filling up the car park.

Isabel takes a deep breath as she tries to remove her focus from the newly throbbing headache she was nursing - Coach was constantly blowing his whistle and it had begun to torment her brain.

She feels Lydia approach her side, her hand slipping into hers for comfort. Isabel looks across at her cousin, giving a small smile (which doesn't meet her eyes) in an attempt to ease her worry.

"...I've seen worse." Scott eventually shrugs, causing Stiles to look over at him baffled.

"Where have you seen worse?" Stiles asks exasperatedly.

Coach blows his whistle, causing Isabel to flinch in pain as the sound reverberates around her skull. Lydia gives her a worried look, but Isabel shakes it off.

"Listen up! The meet's been pushed 'til tomorrow. This is the closest motel with the most vacancies and the least amount of good judgement when it comes to accepting a bunch of degenerates like yourselves! You'll be pairing up - choose wisely." Coach explains to the group.

Students begin to group up, grabbing their stuff before approaching Coach and taking a room key. Coach raises a brow as the male and female pair take a key and quickly rush past.

"And I'll have no sexual perversions perpetrated by you little deviants! Got that? Keep your dirty little hands to your dirty little selves!" Coach shouts after the group.

Lydia, Isabel and Allison hold back until everyone has moved off in their pairs. Allison takes a key from Coach before he leaves with the driver to park the school bus.

Allison begins to move off toward their room, suddenly noticing Isabel and Lydia hadn't moved a muscle. She frowns as she looks at the family members.

"Lydia...? Isabel...?" She calls out, causing Lydia to turn and give an unsure look. Isabel holds her head in her free hand, the other still in Lydia's.

"I don't like this place," Lydia tells Allison.

"I don't think the people who own this place like this place." Allison chuckles, trying to lighten the mood. "It's just for a night." She comforts.

"A lot can happen in one night," Isabel speaks up.

Her mind immediately travels back to the night before - Derek falling and flashing before her eyes. Lydia squeezes her hand and the two reluctantly follow Allison to their room for the night.