[11] Hopeless

"I'm wide awake,"•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••TWThis episode contains mentions of suicide

"I'm wide awake,"
•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••
TW
This episode contains mentions of suicide. Please skip this chapter if you need to.
•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••

Isabel fumbles up the last set of stairs, calling Lydia's name helplessly as the girl had suddenly stopped talking to her. Isabel freezes as a laugh fills the air. She clenches her eyes shut, before opening again and breathing a sigh of relief as her vision slowly unclouded.

She looks up at the figure now standing opposite - what she thought was her cousin morphs into a hideous creature. The bald, pale creature grinned at the witch - despite its mouth being ripped it held a cruel smile. Scar marks on its face remained as a scar - resembling that of a wolf scratch. Isabel couldn't pull her eyes away from the creatures blinding white eyes.

She gulps as she takes it in - the creature seemingly doing the same, sizing her up. Another incessant ringing fills her ears - the creature cackling at her reaction as she recoils from the noise.

"Who are you?" Isabel forces out through gritted teeth, pushing through the pain.

"I was a friend of your Mom's." The creature hisses back, slowly moving closer.

"My mom didn't have friends. Who are you really?" Isabel frowns, readying her stance - even though she knew she was in no position to fight after yesterday. The creature watches her before scowling.

"I'm not here to fight you, Isabel, I'm simply in your head. I don't need to be here to do what I need to do."

Isabel frowns at its words but falls to her knees in pain as the ringing starts again, clutching her head as she tries to pull herself as tight as she can to her body - trying to get some kind of relief.

"Haven't you realised yet?" The voice sounds, but when Isabel opens her eyes - the creature is gone. "I'm in your head. And I'm not leaving until you die. I'll be here, tormenting you until you beg for me to let you end it all."

Isabel cries out as she grasps her head, the voice echoing around - the ringing she once heard now being that of the creature.

"Stop it." Isabel cries. "What do you want?!"

"End it, and it will all be over. No one cares about you anyway, poor Isabel. No one even noticed you were gone. They're better off without you. Look at Derek - you were too pathetic to even save him. He died because of you - it's all your fault."

"It's all my fault." Isabel sobs, hands clutching the stones on the roof floor.

She looks down in horror, seeing her own hands turning black. She raises them in fear, unknowingly allowing her Chaos to build and swirl around her. She clutches her hands to her body as she sobs, looking up and feeling even more defeated as she is greeted by the sight of her mother and father.