[19] Heart of Darkness

"Come, lay me down"•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••

"Come, lay me down"
•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••

Allison's face is pale as she is the first of the three to open her eyes. Still in the steel bathtub, Allison awakens with a gasp as she leaps forward out of the water.

Scott and Stiles follow not too far behind, gripping onto the steel tub as they collectively gasp for air.

"I saw it. I know where it is." Scott exclaims as he quickly pushes himself out of the water.

"We passed it. There's-there's a stump. This huge tree- well, it's not huge anymore, it was cut down- but it's still big, though! Very big!" Stiles breathlessly explains.

"It was the night we were looking for the body-" Scott nods.

"Yeah, the same night you were bitten by Peter." Stiles interjects.

"I was there, too, in the car with my mother. We almost hit someone." Allison adds.

Scott turns to look at the brunette in shock. "It was me- you almost hit me." Scott and Allison share a stunned look, before he turns back to the four standing in front of them. "We can find it." He excitedly finishes.

Allison, Stiles and Scott watch the four in-front of them for a second waiting for a response. When they get nothing, they collective frown in confusion.

Lydia stands with her arm around Isabel as she tries to make her body as small as possible - legs tucked into her body as she holds them against her chest. She sits on top of the steel table, head down as she avoids eye contact.

Deaton stands next to the witch, giving an uneasy look before quickly covering it up.

"...What?" Allison finally asks.

Isaac looks over to Isabel for a moment, a glance that Stiles catches as it lingers for a moment too long. He turns his head back to the group, "You guys were out a long time..." He hesitantly explains.

"How long is a long time?" Stiles frowns, the three soaked teens sharing a look.

"...Sixteen hours." Deaton answers.

"We've been in the water for sixteen hours?!" Scott questions in disbelief.

Deaton nods, "And the full moon rises in less than four." He deadpans, causing the three teen's faces to fall.

Lydia gives a comforting rub on Isabel's back before she grabs some towels and hands them to the wet teens.

"We need to go back." Scott sighs to Isabel.

For the first time since they've awoken, Isabel looks up. She glances around at the shocked faces of the group before they land on Deaton. The group watch as the two share an unreadable look.