[16] Promise

"Wash over me like a hurricane,"•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••

•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••

"It's still here!" Stiles tells the group as they enter the basement garage.

Isabel and Stiles rush forward to open the back of the ambulance for Derek as he carries Cora. Stiles and Isabel jump into the ambulance, helping place Cora on the stretcher.

"Derek...? Over here." Jennifer calls.

Derek frowns as he looks to the side, giving Isabel a look before moving away. He moves to where Jennifer stands, the dead body of the ambulance driver covered in blood on the floor just ahead.

The two slowly make their way toward the body before freezing as a voice echos through the garage.

"Julia...." Kali sing-songs. Kali rounds the corner, the keys to the ignition jingling as she twirls them around her finger. "It is you."

Isabel and Stiles share a fearful look, Stiles quietly shutting the ambulance doors.

"You can't beat her on your own." Jennifer lowly tells Derek as Kali flashes her glowing red eyes.

"...That's why we're gonna run." Derek quietly responds. The two slowly begin to step back, before running away as Kali growls at them.

Isabel and Stiles watch through the small windows as Derek and Jennifer sprint back into the hospital.

Isabel sighs as the power shuts off, leaving the garage in darkness. She rests her head against the ambulance wall as Stiles mumbles to himself as he locks the doors.

"Okay, okay, okay. You're okay. We're alright. You okay?" Stiles asks, looking down at Cora. "How you doing?"

Isabel opens her eyes to see his face fall as he watches Cora. She frowns at the boy in confusion.

"Why do you look like you're not breathing?" Stiles worriedly says, eyes widening as his eyes meet Isabel's.

"What?!" Isabel asks, jumping forward in her seat to Cora's body.

Isabel places her ear by Cora's mouth, looking at her chest to see for any movement.

"She's not breathing is she?" Stiles' panicked voice fills the ambulance. When Isabel doesn't respond he freaks out, "Oh, no. Oh, God. Oh, no, no, no. Why are you not breathing? Come on."

"Stiles." Isabel snaps the boy out of it, quickly sitting back up and tilting Cora's head back.

Isabel opens Cora's mouth for any blockage, after spotting none she moves on. She pinches Cora's nose shut before performing mouth to mouth. She does it again, watching as Stiles places his head on Cora's chest to check for a heartbeat.

After not hearing anything Stiles shakes his head and moves back slightly, giving Isabel space to work. "Come on, Cora." He quietly encourages.

Isabel shakes her head, standing up and rolling up her sleeves. Stiles watches her in awe as she interlocks her fingers, placing them on Cora's chest and begins chest compressions.