[5] Fireflies

"Come, lay me down,"•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••

•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••

"She tried killing you." Allison quietly repeats as Isabel looks up at the ex-couple awkwardly.

"Uh... yeah. Yeah. Isabel was connected to me and..." Scott trails off. Allison looks between the two in disbelief.

"Why didn't you tell me?" She asks.

"I'll tell you everything, okay? I'll tell you a-anything that you want to know, but right now-"

"Just tell me why," Allison interjects. Scott sighs, looking down at Isabel before looking back at the brunette.

"I... I couldn't. Allison, I couldn't let that be the last memory that you had of her." Scott stammers.

Isabel stands, pulling herself up with her hands against the wall as she watches Derek approach. She can already feel the grief and the guilt filling her body, but the emotions are quickly overtaken by her own as she gasps at the sight. Scott and Allison follow her eyes, seeing Derek approach, cradling Erica's dead body against his chest.

•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••

Lydia screams - forcing herself to wake from her sleep. She pants as she tries to calm down, trying to make sense of what happened. She runs her hands through her hair, before flopping back down onto her pillows.

Lydia rolls onto her side, reaching for the bottle of Ibuprofen on her bedside table, but sighs and slams it back down as she realizes it's empty. She pulls the covers off, slipping her feet into her shoes before grabbing her coat and pulling it on.

"Mom, I'm going to the store." She calls out but sighs as she doesn't respond. "Mom, do you hear me?" She shouts again, pulling her hair out from under her coat. "Of course, you didn't." Lydia mumbles. "You would have heard me screaming like a lunatic." She huffs, looking out the window and pausing as she looks up at the full moon. "Lunatic..."

•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••

Scott called for Stiles to come and pick the red-head witch up. Stiles panicked on the phone, the last contact he had didn't sound like it ended well - but Scott reassured him that they were okay. Stiles rushed out of Derek's apartment and drove as fast as he could.

Derek had already left to deal with Erica's body, but he had told Scott he would call him soon. They didn't have long to act, Boyd and Cora were out roaming free - but they knew Isabel wasn't fast enough to help catch them, this was something they needed to do themselves.

Allison had not long left to, leaving without a word. Isabel felt the guilt filling her body but shook it off as she winced in pain from her back. Scott looks at her in worry, until he notices her eyes closed, as red tendrils dance around her back and he realizes what she is doing.