[18] Surrogate

"Feel powerful but it's me again,"•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••

•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••

Stiles pushes open the door to Miss. Morrell's office, Lydia following closely behind. They freeze as they spot a girl sat in the office.

"Are you here for Miss. Morrell?" Stiles asks.

"No, I thought this was gym class." The girl sarcastically spits back.

Lydia turns to the girl in annoyance, "Sweetheart, we're not in the mood for funny. Do you know where she is?"

"If I did, I wouldn't be waiting here for twenty minutes! So, how about you two back out the door and wait your turn?" The girl counters.

"We're not here for a session." Lydia counters.

"Well I am - and I've got some serious issues to work on."

"Hey, wait, wait, wait - you're Danielle. You're Heather's best friend." Stiles points out.

"I was Heather's best friend. We've been working on that issue three times a week." Danielle solemnly explains.

"Hold on - did you say Miss. Morrell's twenty minutes late?" Lydia questions.

"And I don't know why, either. She's always on time." Danielle nods.

"Izzy and I were seeing her at the beginning of the semester. She was never late." Lydia tells Stiles.

"...Then she's not late. She's missing." Stiles mumbles.

"What if we're not the only ones who think she knows something?" Lydia quietly asks.

"Then I want to know what she knows." Stiles huffs, determinedly. He makes his way over to her cabinets, rifling through them.

"What are you doing?" Danielle asks, alarmed.

"Trying to find her." Stiles responds.

"Those files are private!" Danielle exclaims.

"Yeah, she's kind of right..." Lydia reluctantly agrees.

"That one's yours." Stiles says, holding out Lydia's file.

"Let me see that." Lydia frowns, taking the file and opening it - skimming through.

"Here's Isabel's..." Stiles trails off, pausing and staring at the file as he argues with himself in his head on whether to open it or not.

He makes his decision, quickly scanning through the file and freezing as he pulls out a piece of paper from inside. He glances over to Lydia, who skims through her folder in interest.

"Wait, Lydia - this is your drawing." He calls to the Martin girl.

Lydia looks up at Stiles in confusion, until she sees him holding a paper with a drawing of a tree on it.