Chapter 37: Surprise, Surprise

I had only knocked once before I heard steps heading towards the door.

"Hana, will you let go?! Jeez..." I heard someone sigh with exasperation.

I creased my brow, What in the world is all this about?

When the door opened, I saw that it was indeed Sasuke who had spoken and I greeted him with a smile, "Hey...".

The shock in his eyes reflected in mine when I saw who was behind him. It was none other than...

"Hana" I raised an eyebrow, "What a coincidence seeing you here".

Hana joined in our crowd of stunned faces, "I...I could ask you the same thing!" she looked enraged to see my face here.

I stowed away my surprise and put a smirk on my face before turning to Sasuke, "So...are you busy?" I started.

"W-wha...I...um...uh..." he stammered as he looked at me.

"What? Cat got your tongue?" I said lightly, shooting a glance at Hana.

"No! N-no!" he answered immediately, "I mean...I'm not busy" he said, clearing his throat.

I smiled, "Perfect, wanna go grab a movie and dinner together?".

Sasuke's jaws unhinged and dropped open as if he had lost all control of his jaw muscles right there.

"What?! No way!" Hana cried, latching onto his arm, "He's helping me study! He doesn't have time for you and your pointlessness!" she shrieked.

I scoffed at the desperation in her voice, "Who said that this was going to be pointless?" I winked at her, then looked back at Sasuke, "Well? It's not nice to leave someone hanging like that".

To my surprise, he pressed his hand to my forehead, nearly knocking me over, "Are you okay, Vira?" he put his other hand to his own forehead, "No fever...are you high?" he asked dubiously.

I rolled my eyes and chuckled, it was hard to get mad in this kind of circumstance, "No, Sasuke. I'm perfectly fine. If you don't want to go, you can just say so, you know..." I started to leave but was immediately stopped as I had foreseen.

"Hold on!" his hand was wrapped around my arm, "Who said I said no?" he smiled at me.

"I did!" burst in Hana.

She wrenched Sasuke's hand from my arm and stepped between us.

"You still have to help me study for the science test tomorrow!" she whined as she clung to the front of Sasuke's shirt like some spoiled toddler.

Well, in a way, she was.

I snorted, "What don't you get about Mercury, Venus, Earth, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus and Neptune? It's not rocket science...yet".

She pouted, "I need help memorizing...and Sasuke's a better teacher than anyone" she said sweetly, tightening her grip on Sasuke.

I sighed, I wasn't about to spend my whole night here arguing with Little Miss Wusspants.

"Fine, I'll leave. You guys can go back to your studying" I said as I began to turn around.

Hana cheered, happy that I had given up. But I had other plans.

As soon as she had let go, I grabbed Sasuke and pulled him out of the house. I managed to snatch his jacket from its hook by the door as well.

"Come on, let's go" I said, smiling cheekily at Sasuke.

"Wha-?! Hey!" Hana complained, about to launch herself at Sasuke again.

I stepped in her line of charge, "Oh no, you don't".