Chapter 22: Enemy Territory

Finally, Doomsday arrived. School had let out three days ago, it was only Monday morning now.

"Hurry up, Vira, or we'll miss the plane!" Liz urged.

I sighed and lugged my suitcase out of my room. We had only finished packing last night.

"The guys are already on their way and I haven't heard back from Karin yet" she literally booted me out the door.

She locked up quickly and checked her bags once more before ordering me to check mine and bulldozing me over to the elevator.

"Jeez, it can't be that exciting, can it?" I said, chewing on my cheek sourly.

"Oh, you'll warm up once you see Sasuke" Liz said dismissively as we entered the elevator.

I lashed back immediately, "Yeah right! He'll just be double the annoyance to me!".

Liz snickered to herself, happy with my frustrated expression. I sighed and decided that this argument wasn't going to be an easy one to win, even if I tried.

"Oh! Hey!" Liz waved as we spotted Karin waiting just outside the airport security.

"Hi!" Karin waved back happily.

"Why didn't you reply to those fifty calls I gave you this morning?" Liz questioned, pouting.

Karin bit her lip with an apologetic look on her face, "I'm so sorry but my parents took my phone into custody last night so I wouldn't bring it with me and lose it. They gave me my mom's phone instead" she held out a fat, red cellphone that could've been just as old as Karin's mom.

"Oh, that sucks" I patted her on the back, "But, whatever, we'll be having too much fun to use our phones anyways" I said warmly.

Liz smirked, "Well, well, well, looks like someone's finally ready to have some fun".

"Oh, shut up" I snapped at Liz, disgruntled.

Liz smiled despite my stubborn behaviour and her smile only widened when she saw Gaara and Sasuke making their way towards us.

"Hey! Hey!" she waved enthusiastically.

"Oh, hey! We thought you had already gone through without us" Gaara waved back.

"Hey Gaara, Sasuke" Karin greeted calmly.

I smiled, "Get here okay?".

Sasuke shrugged, "Just a bit of a hold up when we passed an accident. No biggie, but I swear, people nowadays complain about the smallest dent in their bumper or whatever" Sasuke said with exasperation, "It's like you girls and your nails" he laughed.

I let go of my suitcase to deliver a firm punch to his shoulder, "I dare you to say that again! Stereotypical jerk..." I muttered under my breath loud enough for Liz and Karin to hear.

They laughed and we picked up our luggage again to head into security. As we lined up to wait for a bin to drop our bags into, Sasuke, who was standing right behind me, decided that it was a good time to be the annoying creep he is.

"Happy to see me?" he whispered into my ear.

I rolled my eyes and without turning around to speak to him, I replied, "Absolutely ecstatic" I whispered back, voice coated thickly in sarcasm.

He chuckled, "Thought so".

We finally received a bin each and we all emptied out our pockets and placed our smaller bags in them. They rolled on slowly, heading towards the baggage screening machine.

I decided that two could play at this game, "Happy to see me?" I asked in return.

I spared a glance backwards to see interest spark up in Sasuke's eyes, "Absolutely ecstatic" he said, reusing my own line.