Chapter 46: Revenge

"Crap, crap, crap, crap, crap..." I muttered to myself as I heard the front door open and close and a cacophony of voices welcomed the return of Itachi, and with him, Sasuke and Hana.

"By the way, Sasuke, you had a visitor while you were out..." I heard Sasori say as some of the noise died down.

"Hm?" was his reply.

"She's upstairs" Sasori continued.

I didn't like situations like these. I felt like I was being cornered. So I met with the problem head on. Just as Sasuke went up the first step, I rushed down the flight of stairs and met him face to face. Our gazes met and there was silence as everyone was paralyzed by this confrontal situation.

"What's up?" I said, shattering the tension into a million little pieces.

"W-w-w-what the hell are you doing here?!" Hana raged as she locked arms with Sasuke.

Sasuke flinched at her touch but remained silent and unmoving, not at all protesting against her contact.

I blinked at him, "I've brought your homework... would you like to discuss it in the study? Alone?" I offered, ignoring Hana.

"I don't believe there's much I need to discuss with you" he replied coldly.

"Brrr..." I faked a shiver, "It's getting cold in here, isn't it?".

Hana scoffed, "Stop trying, you're only gonna make things worse".

"Says the one who made things worse to begin with" I sneered back.

Hana looked red with anger, and I positively loved it. I descended the last few steps until I was right in Sasuke's face.

"I hate speaking in code. So I'll be straight with you. I'm not the only one worried about you. Liz, Gaara, they all know that this is bad for you" I said firmly.

"Then what's good for me?" he asked calmly.

I paused, "I'm not gonna lie. I honestly don't know, but I believe that you can do better than this. Much better. And I'm not saying me, but let's just say I'm not totally against it, if you wanna give it a try" I said, feeling my face getting slightly red.

Sasuke sighed, "You know what, that's what I hate about you. You can never say it out loud. You've always gotta make it seem like everyone else is crazy about you. Why can't you just get over yourself and say it!" he yelled, his hostility bringing him towards me a few more inches.

I backed up and turned away. I hated him. I hated him for being so right. But I also hated myself. I hated myself for letting him be right.

"Come on, little bro! The girl basically just confessed to you, what the hell are you doing?" I heard Deidara urge under his breath.

"And that's how she gets spoiled. And there's nothing I hate more than spoiled girls" Sasuke hissed back.

But that time, I felt as if the comment wasn't only directed at me. I turned to face him again.

"Fine. You want raw? You want unspoiled?" I challenged.

He shook off Hana's grip and crossed his arms over his chest, "Yeah".

I reached out and grabbed his arm and dragged him out the door. I ignored all the high-pitched protests and the deep laughter that followed. I stopped when we were on the edge of the driveway.

"Holy crap, Vira! What's your problem?! It's cold out!" Sasuke complained.

"Then let me warm you up" I said, before I pulled his face down and our lips met.