Chapter 20: The Doom Bringer

"You're in big trouble" Sasuke whispered to me as we walked down the hallways towards P. E.

"What are you talking about?" I gave him a weird look.

He returned the weird look, "I guess you'll find out in P. E" he chuckled.

"Okay...now I'm curious" I said ponderously.

I changed quickly but I never saw Liz come in. I shrugged my T-shirt on and walked into the gym, expecting to see Liz there. I was wrong. I looked around but there was no Liz and Gai was already doing the attendance.

"Uh, have you seen Liz anywhere?" I asked as Sasuke came up behind me.

He shrugged, "She'll be here soon".

I turned to look at him, suspicious evident in my eyes, "And why should you know more about my best friend than I do?" I questioned.

He smirked, "I'm her best friend too, you know".

I snorted, "Yeah, as if you've seen her in nothing but a diaper".

He laughed, "No, I haven't but I sure know her better than you do right this moment".

I crossed my arms in front of my chest and turned my body to face him, "I'll take that challenge" I said haughtily.

Sasuke just laughed and turned his attention back on Gai.

"Hey! Answer-" I was about to rage at Sasuke when someone bursting through the changeroom doors interrupted me.

"Sorry I'm late!" it was Liz.

"Oh, you're not late! You're just in time!" Gai smiled widely, "Now we can start our basketball unit!".

As Gai instructed a few volunteers to set up the basketball shelves, I checked up on Liz.

"What took you so long?" I asked, amused by her ragged breathing.

Her heavy breathing stopped abruptly and the brightest smile I'd ever seen lit up her face, "I win" she said simply.

"Win? Win what?" I asked for clarification.

Liz leaped up in the air, pumping her fists in a victory gesture, "We're going to Yukimania!" she shouted cheerfully.

I dropped my jaw, "WHAT?!".

Sasuke laughed, "I knew you'd freak".

"And you didn't think to prepare me for this in case I get a freaking heart attack?!" I shrieked at him, then turned on Liz, "Who's the fifth person?!" I demanded.

A mischievous smile replaced her triumphant one, "Wanna guess?".

I narrowed my eyes, "Sakura?".

"Nope".

"Hinata?".

"Nuh-uh".

"Ino?".

"Wrong!".

"Then who is it?!" I shook her, desperate to know who had just sentenced me to a winter break's worth of hell.

"You seriously can't guess?" Liz scoffed.

"No, duh" I said impatiently.

Liz thought about it for a moment then eyed the basketballs, "Duel me for the answer" she challenged.

I let out an exasperated growl, "Seriously, Liz?! Why can't you just tell me?!" I whined.

She winked at me, "It's always more fun this way" and bounded away to pick a ball.