Chapter 9: I Don't Need You

"Alright, youthful children! Please line up! We will be playing a hot-blooded game of soccer today!" Gai, the gym teacher, announced, punching his fist into the air.

"Hell yes! My favourite sport!" I grinned and ran up to Gai, "Sensei?".

"Yes, beautiful and young lady" he saluted.

"Um, could I make the teams please?" I put on my cutest face.

"U-uh...o-of course!" he gave me the thumbs up and I turned around to start at the front of the line.

I went in a one, two, one, two pattern...until I came to Sasuke.

He smiled, "Looks like we're going to be on the same team".

I shook my head and put him on the team that Liz wasn't on. After I finished splitting the teams, I put myself on Liz's team. I looked at all of my teammates, Liz, Gaara, Temari, Neji, Choji, Lee, Kagura, Hinata and Sai. I threw the soccer ball to Sasuke.

"You guys can have first ball" I offered and cracked my neck, preparing myself, "I'm going to get you back for those five wins in a row" I snarled and the game started.

Almost immediately, I was able to steal the ball from Sasuke and I hurtled towards Kiba, who was standing in goal. Liz followed right at my heels. Right in front of the goal, I feigned a shot but kicked it to Liz instead, who actually got the goal.

"One, nothing to Elvira's team!" announced Gai, pumping both of his fists now.

"Let's see if I can get five goals in a row" I challenged Sasuke.

He glared at me but then ran after the ball. I raced after him and stuck my foot out in front of him, stealing the ball at the same time.

He face-planted but then he got up, "Foul!" he claimed.

Gai nodded solemnly, "Penalty kick" he motioned to Sasuke to take the ball.

"You can beat this wimp, Neji!" I cheered.

Neji steeled himself, ready to block Sasuke's kick.

"HYA!" Sasuke bellowed as he kicked the ball.

Neji managed to block it but it rebounded and Sasuke had the ball for the second time. I rushed forward and tried to stop him but he looked desperate. He kicked the ball so hard that he landed on top of me and I can tell you this, he was freaking heavy!

"Ow..." I groaned, "I think you just crushed my tailbone" I grumbled.

I opened my eyes to see that he was blushing...really, really hard. His head had landed on my stomach and now he was staring straight forward, somewhere he shouldn't be staring at.

I punched him, "You stupid, perverted, scumbag!".

I pushed him off and got up to my feet. I dragged him up too and held him by the front of his shirt.

"This is why I'll never ever like you!" I hissed and let go of him.

I dusted my hands and continued with the game, my face red.

"What did he do to you?" Liz asked quietly in language class.

"He...he...never mind" I turned away, my face burning.

I scribbled down some random notes about writing essays and then took out my sketchbook and ripped out a page. I wrote a note to Sasuke.

I need to talk to you after school

I folded the note up and passed it to Liz, who passed it to Gaara, who passed  it to Sasuke. He read it and looked at me curiously. I ignored him, it would have to wait until after school.