Chapter 8: Humble Home

"U-um, I just remembered that I had to help Liz buy some groceries today a-and I can't go to your place after all. Oh well, next time!" I said quickly and ran up to Liz.

"Oh no you don't! Get back there!" Liz pushed me back to Sasuke's side.

"No! Liz! How could you?" I sobbed.

Okay, I didn't actually cry but you know what I mean.

"He's not going to rape you or anything" she sighed, rolling her eyes.

"We don't know that for sure!" I whined.

She shook her head and walked away to talk to Gaara. Great friend, right?

Sasuke grabbed my hand and pulled me around in the direction of his house, "Aw, you're so mean. You're gonna hurt my feelings soon" he said sadly.

"Good, I hope you get irrevocably hurt" I said snobbishly.

"Good word. Are you a Twilight fan?" he asked, smiling.

"No, Bella" I answered sweetly.

"You do act like an Edward Cullen" he remarked.

"Say that again and I'll neuter you" I hissed.

His brow creased, "I don't think I could reproduce anymore anyways" he sighed.

"I said I was sorry!" I grimaced.

He looked at me, his gaze soft, "You're so cute" he murmured.

"You're fugly" I clenched my fists.

He frowned, "That's odd, usually girls throw themselves at me...are you absolutely sure you're a-" I socked him in the stomach hard and began to storm away angrily as he sucked air back into his lungs.

"W-wait! Okay, okay, I'm sorry, that was uncalled for" he grabbed my hand and dragged me back.

I crossed my arms in front of my chest, "Damn right that was uncalled for. I can insult you 'cause I'm only coming with you due to a deal".

"Okay, okay, let's go" he pulled on my hand but I shook his off.

"I can walk without getting lost, thank you very much. I'm not one of those deluded girls out there" I said and walked in front of him.

Then I stopped suddenly, "What's wrong?" he asked, sincerely concerned.

"I don't know where you live" I said simply.

He unlocked the door to his home. I looked inside and I couldn't help but widen my eyes. Luxurious furniture occupied only fifty percent of the first floor. I looked to my left and there was a staircase, leading up to the second floor of his home. I took my shoes off and set them aside as I took a step in. I didn't want to say it, but, this place was awesome.

I cleared my throat, "Um...a humble home you have here".

He laughed, "Yeah, it's humble enough".

I eyed his big, flat screen T.V, "Please tell me you have either a Wii, an Xbox or a PS3" I begged.

He arced an eyebrow, "I have two of the three devices you just named. A Wii and an Xbox" he replied.

"This is beautiful" I whispered and walked towards the television.

"You like video games?" he asked as he set his bag down.

I nodded distractedly, "I'm married to it" I held up my hand and pointed to my ring finger, "It's just invisible".