Chapter 4: Washroom Escapees

The last bell of the day finally rung, bringing joy to the students in Konoha High.

"Hey, you guys busy tonight?" Sasuke blushed as he stopped Liz and I from leaving.

"Uh, no, why?" Liz asked.

Gaara spoke up, "We're having a casual get together tonight with some of the class, wanna come?" he invited with a wide smile.

"Oh, sounds cool, what're we doing?" I asked.

"I dunno, grab some grub, talk" Sasuke shrugged.

"Yeah, sure, I'm up for it" I nodded, "You?" I asked Liz.

"I'm in" she smiled, "What time? Where?".

"Five, Konoha Mall" Gaara informed.

"Thanks, see you girls tonight then" Liz teased.

We left for home. Liz and I shared an apartment just a few subway stops away from the school. It was humble, clean and big enough for the both of us. We rode the elevator to the seventh floor and stopped in front of the door marked seven hundred and six.

"What're you gonna wear?" Liz asked casually.

"I dunno, don't really care, just not my uniform" I shrugged.

"Yeah, that's for sure. I'm just gonna go in this" Liz said, indicating to the clothes she had on now.

Her outfit consisted of a tank top, jeans and a leather jacket.

"Yeah, I'll just go in a hoodie and shorts I guess" I plopped down into the couch, "School is boring, that was almost unbearable" I sighed.

"Agreed, America was more fun" she sat down next to me.

"...I kinda miss Allen" I said quietly.

"Oh...yeah" she regarded me sadly, "You can call him?" she suggested.

I shook my head, "It's better if he didn't think I cared".

"But you guys could have been such a cute couple!" Liz whined.

"Could have been" I emphasized, "We weren't and we never will be".

"Too bad".

My cellphone suddenly started beeping, "Who's that? No one at school has my number yet" I said aloud.

"No idea" Liz gave me a curious look, "Let's see".

The number was identified as Ino Yamanka, "Isn't that one of the girls in our class? Bleach blond? With that pink-haired girl?" Liz struggled to remember.

It was a text message:

Hey Elvira!

Sorry! I know that you didn't give your number out yet but we wanted to plan a welcoming party for you guys! I found your cellphone in your bag when we were in P.E :P Some of our classmates are coming, we were going to have a get together originally but we decided to turn it into a welcoming party for you guys! Meet us at Konoha Mall, west entrance at five!

Ttyl!

Ino~<3

"Okay...there was no change in our plans whatsoever" Liz pinched her lips together.

I checked the clock, four o'clock. It would take us about fifty minutes to reach the mall by subway.

"Let's go, we better not let down our new friends" I pushed myself up off of the couch and we slipped our sneakers on.

"I've got about fifty bucks on me, you?" Liz said, checking her pockets.

"Um...we're in Japan now, you need yen" I pointed out.