Chapter 5: Daughter of a Cop

"Thanks, Sasuke-kun, Elvira" she blushed as Sasuke looked at her.

"Um...no problem, I'll just go on ahead, see you guys at school" I said quickly and half-ran away.

I hid behind a house halfway down the block and watched to see if my plan was successful. Grateful that it was a quite street, I could hear what they were saying.

"T-thank you, Sasuke-kun" Sakura stammered and began to take his jacket off.

She let the jacket linger on her, hoping that Sasuke would stop her but he took it back.

"What a dumbass" I shook my head.

"Good night" Sasuke waved and walked down the street, taking my path.

Sakura mumbled back a reluctant good night and closed the door quietly, "Dumbest person I've ever met, dumb and insensitive" I amended and began to walk home.

Sasuke had seen me and caught up to me, "Hey, what was that all about?" he kept up with me.

"Nothing much, Dumbo" I shrugged and kept my eyes on the road.

"Okay, I'm sorry I exploded at her, it's just that I've been without my parents since the age of seven" he said sadly.

"Who'd you live with?" I asked curiously.

"My brother" he answered.

"Is he still with you now?" I looked at him as we walked down the street together.

"Yeah, he goes to the University of Konoha, he's taking engineering".

"Lucky you had a sibling, I'm an only child but since Liz and I were best friends forever, we kinda just see each other as sisters. Our parents died in a plane crash only a month ago. We had to sort out some paper work and in my parents' will, I was to move to Japan for some reason. I think they just didn't want me to grieve over them and just go on with life. Liz didn't have to come but she did" I had no idea why I was telling a guy that I had met just that day all of my personal experiences but it just felt good to let it all out.

He nodded, "Car crash, both of them" he said bluntly.

I suddenly stopped as I spotted a gang of boys come down the street. They laughed obnoxiously and then they noticed us walking forwards hurriedly.

"Hey, babe! C'mere! Ditch your boyfriend over there and we'll show you a good time!" the wolf-whistled.

Sasuke looked as if he were about to lunge at them but I held him back, "No".

They came to a stop in front of us and then they spread out to surround us, "Get outta here, we'll take care of your bitch for ya!" a hunky boy of maybe eighteen jeered at Sasuke.

"Shut up!" he growled at them punched him in the face.

"Ow, god, get him!" he snarled, holding his eye.

The men converged on Sasuke but before they could even strike him, I kicked the nearest one and sent him flying. I dispatched the last four with a swift round about kick.

"Screw off" I hissed and pulled Sasuke closer.

The men scrambled to their feet, tripping over their drooping pants and ran away. I dusted my hands and kept walking as if nothing happened.

"What the hell was that?!" Sasuke exclaimed.

"My dad was in the F.B.I, not that you know what that is but he was a cop, okay?" I said, answering his shocked and admiring stare.

"Holy crap! Are you seriously a girl?" he cried out, his mind blown.

I laughed, "You should see Liz, her dad was a martial arts teacher" I boasted.

"Damn..." he whispered.

I kept walking, marveling at how Sakura survived in this kind of a neighbourhood. Suddenly my cell beeped and I pulled it out to see a text from Liz.

It's twelve a.m! What are you doing? Are you okay?

"Worried about you?" Sasuke asked as he saw the text.

"Yup" I answered as I sent a message back promising my safety.

"Where do you live? I can walk you home" he offered.

I raised my eyebrow at him, "I think I'm the one who should be walking you home" I mocked.

He blushed, "Y-you just didn't give me a chance" he pouted.

"Well, if I gave you a chance, that would mean that I would be in your debt, right? So, now you owe me one" I tilted my head, "But what should I make you do for me?".

He blushed harder, "N-nothing embarrassing...please" he begged.

I laughed, "I'll think about it" and I stopped in front of my building.

"This is where you live?" he asked, looking at the fancy front entrance.

"Yup. I'll see you at school" I waved and left.

"Oh my god, Vira! You worry me too much, I almost got an ulcer over you!" she raged at me.

"It's okay, you know I'm good at self-defense" I patted her gently on the back.

She took a deep breath and calmed down, "So what were you doing? I saw Sasuke with you outside" her eyebrows twitched up and down.

"We walked Sakura home, those girls at school today cut her hair" I said, gritting my teeth, "Bitches".

Liz clenched her fists, "They're desperate alright, two can play at that game" she hissed.

"Don't. We'll get in trouble" I advised.

"I never said I was going to cut her greasy hair" she pouted.

I sat down tiredly, "Good, we can get her back in a more creative way" I said, kicking off my sneakers.

"So, did you guys get home okay?" I asked as she sat down beside me.

She blushed, "Don't tell anyone but...I think that Gaara guy is kinda cute" she chirped.

I looked at her, "Really? That was really fast" I commented plainly.

She crossed her arms in front of her chest, "Well, I'm not like into him yet. I'm just considering him" she said defiantly.

"Whatever you say" I shrugged, "Let's get to sleep".

"Hey, I was the one that was waiting for you to come home! Why shouldn't I be curious about the relationship between you and Sasuke" she challenged.

"You don't have to be curious, I'll come clean if you ask" I said as I put on my pajamas.

"Really? Wow, I thought you would put up a fight but please do tell" she said invited enthusiastically.

She leaned in close as I opened my mouth to speak, "You don't have to be curious because...there's absolutely nothing happening between us" I smiled at her enraged face.

"And here I thought you were supposed to be the honest one" Liz scoffed, rolling her eyes.

"Trust me, I'm being completely honest" I smirked.

"Give me one legit reason for me to trust you" Liz said, also putting on her pajamas.

"How about, I'm your best friend that is too cool for any guy out there to seduce me" I laughed.

Liz laughed too, "Keep working at it, Vira, I'm gonna make it happen, I'm the matchmaker, remember?" she grinned mischievously.

"I can't say I'm too excited to find out what you're gonna do" I said worriedly.

"Then it'll be a surprise" she winked at me and turned out the lights.

"Night, night, sleep tight" she said quietly, I heard the evil tone in her voice.

I'm gonna be in for a storm tomorrow, aren't I? What did I do to get myself into this mess?