Chapter 25: Little Red Riding Hood

There was a light vibration under my cheek, jolting me awake. I quickly shook away my drowsiness and turned off the alarm on my cellphone that was literally stuck to my cheek. I checked the time, it read two thirty in the morning, a prime time to strike. I hopped off of the bed silently, already fully dressed and grabbed both my key and Sasuke's stolen room key. I tiptoed as quietly as I could to the door before slowly turning the handle to let myself out into the hallway. As the door opened wide enough to let my head and shoulders through, I peeked both ways to make sure that I was alone before dragging the rest of my body out and closing the door quietly.

No one gets away with making a fool out of me, I snickered to myself as I crept up to Sasuke's door.

I put my ear to the door and held my breath, listening for any noise. Nothing. I took out Sasuke's room key and slid it gently into the key slot. I winced as there was a light clicking sound of the lock sliding out of place. I worked the handle and gently pushed the door open on oiled hinges. I slipped inside and let the door click shut behind me. I was enveloped in total darkness now. I took a few seconds to steady my breathing before taking out my cellphone and unlocking it to provide me with a bit of light. I silently padded to his dresser and quietly replaced Sasuke's key before turning to check if Sasuke was still in deep sleep. Sleepy Sasuke, check. I turned back to the dresser and pulled open the first drawer out of three. It had to be his underwear drawer, didn't it? I hesitated for a moment before taking a deep breath and diving in, rummaging through the drawer for my key.

"Damn it" I cursed under my breath and closed the drawer to start on the next one.

I was getting antsier by the second. Each second I spent in his room brought me that much closer to being busted. I flipped through his pant pockets, sweaters and even his shoes but my key was no where to be seen. I swallowed hard as I turned back towards the bed and the lump under the covers that was Sasuke. There was a small bedside table to the right side of the bed, bingo. I literally crawled up to it, terrified of the possibility that Sasuke might just decide to wake up for a washroom trip at that moment. But despite my wild heartbeat, Sasuke stayed where he was, sound asleep. I slowly pulled open the first compartment to the bedside table after checking the top of the drawer and making sure my key wasn't there. I found only his phone and charger along with his iPod. Nothing worth stealing to me anyways. I opened the second drawer to find absolutely nothing.

"Great" I hissed, pouting.

I just wanted to reach up and punch him in the face for making this so hard for me. I stood up, thinking hard. Where else would he put my key? I scanned the room, panning my cellphone light across it too. Nothing. I was getting desperate...maybe I should just leave and try back some other time? No, not after all the trouble I went to. My eyes then landed on Sasuke's sleeping face that I could barely make out in the gloom without the light from my cellphone. He looked so innocent and peaceful, sleeping there, unlike the evil, perverted guy I knew he was. An idea burst into my mind.

Where would we put something that we wanted to hide just like any other child?, I laughed inwardly, That's right, under the pillow.

I crouched down and took a deep breath, "Here goes" I whispered to myself.

I reached up and slid my hand under his pillow, slowly venturing further and further. I groped around beneath the pillow, expecting to feel the cold kiss of metal each time but there was nothing. My whole forearm was under his pillow, struggling to find my key. I was pressed right up to the bed, my face just inches from his. I was surprised that he hadn't woken up yet even though my hand was searching up a storm under his pillow. I guess I spoke to soon. He suddenly stirred, his head turning on the pillow. My other hand snapped up to my mouth, covering it as my eyes screamed for me. He fumbled around for a minute before finally turning on his other side, his back to me. There was a faint clinking noise as he settled down. I swallowed and gently took my hand out from beneath his pillow.