Chapter 1: Rock, Paper, Scissors

"Is this the right place?" Elize asked curiously as she looked at the tall, proud building in front of us.

"Should be, according to the address anyways" I shrugged, "Let's go see" I suggested and dragged her with me to the front entrance.

"Alright, alright, slow down, Vira" Liz sighed.

"Class should be starting in about thirty minutes" I ushered Elize into the school, "Let's find the office".

We wandered around the building, lost, until we spotted a boy around our age walking out of a classroom.

"Hey, excuse me!" Liz called out to him.

He turned to look at us. He obviously didn't recognize us. I had long brown hair that tumbled down my back, unchecked, turquoise eyes that shone beneath my curtain of hair and I was rather tall for a ninth grader, Liz was more average sized. She had curly red hair that extended to her shoulders and golden eyes that looked like two large nuggets of solid gold. Though Elize was a year younger than me, she was incredibly smart, allowing her to skip grade seven and be in the same grade as me now.

"Um...hi" the boy replied, "Can I help you?" he asked politely.

He had spiky, raven black hair and obsidian black eyes. They looked cold and warm at the same time, was that even possible? He had a jacket on over his uniform, the Konoha crest was sewn into the sleeve.

"Could you show us to the office, please?" Liz asked sweetly.

"Sure...are you guys the two new transfer students?" he asked, his eyes narrowed.

I nodded mutely.

"Ah...I see, well, I'll take you guys to the office then" he beckoned for us to follow him and began to walk down the hall.

We followed him, there was silence between us since we didn't really know each other. He finally stopped in front of a door marked 'Office'.

He opened the door and gestured for us to go in, "Here you are".

"Thank you...um, what's your name?" I asked.

"Sasuke...Uchiha Sasuke" he introduced.

"Thanks" I smiled at him and a curious tinge of pink appeared on his cheeks.

I walked in the open door with Liz at my side and asked the secretary to ask the principal for an audience.

"Of course, you are Elvira May and Elize Chiffon, am I right?" she asked kindly.

I nodded.

"Ah, Elvira, Elize! Glad to see that you two are early birds!" came a female voice.

A lady in a low cut business suit stepped out from a door behind the counter. She had chest length, blond hair and honey brown eyes. A warm smile was printed on her face as she recognized Elize and I.

"Principal Tsunade!" she came and took our hands in a firm handshake as she introduced herself.

"Nice to meet you" I replied, flashing her a smile.

"It's great to see a few fresh faces here at Konoha High, let's get you guys going on your first school day here, shall we?" she put her hands at our backs and pushed us towards her private office.

"We're glad to be here" I said half-heartedly.

"Good, good! Shizune, could you get their books ready while I give them their uniforms?" she called to the secretary.

"Yes, ma'am" she bowed respectfully and hurried into another room, filled with books piled high to the ceiling.

"These are your uniforms, you can get changed now, you don't have much time before class starts" Tsunade handed us two packets with the Konoha High uniform in it.

"Skirts?" Liz said glumly.

"Sorry girls but that's the rule" shrugged Tsunade as Liz cast her an unhappy look, "Your first class is homeroom which is on the second floor, the door should read, 'Class A'. Get a move on, girls!" she then allowed us to change as she stepped out.

Liz and I put on some short shorts underneath the skirt, just to be safe, "Liz one, Principal Tsunade zero" she smirked.

The bell rang just as we stepped out and the secretary, Shizune, handed us our books and a complimentary bag, "Have fun in class, girls!" she waved us off.

"Thank you" I called as the door swung shut behind us.

"Second floor, Class A?" confirmed Liz.

"Yup, let's hurry" I said, tying the ribbon on the uniform top.

We scrambled up the steps and searched for the door marked 'Class A'.

"Here!" Liz called, a little ways down the hall.

I hurried over and heard a steady voice speaking inside.

"Should we knock first?" I asked.

"Uh...let's knock and then just enter" Liz proposed.

"Better than anything I've got" I shrugged, "But I vote you to do it" I said quickly.

"Rock, paper, scissors?" pleaded Liz.

I sighed, "Fine".

"Rock! Paper! Scissors!" we whispered in unison.

"Damn it!" I cursed.

Liz smiled happily, "Please, go ahead".

"I'm going to get you back for this" I grumbled and reached out for the handle of the door.