Chapter 14: The Last Ride

I stuck a few hundred yen in the back pocket of my ripped jean shorts. Just in case I decide that I need to run away.

"Excited?" Liz looked at me with a devilish smile plastered to her face.

I smiled back, "Ecstatic" I straightened out my blue t-shirt.

A knock at the door made me jump a mile out of my shoes, "Sheesh, Vira, I can tell you're excited. No need to emphasize" Liz's laugh was high and tinkly, the kind that made you feel that she was talking to some three year old.

"Yup, got it" I decided not to argue with her, she'd probably win in the end anyways.

I opened the door and the face that I hated more than anything in the world, "Ready to go?" he smiled smugly, leaning against the door frame.

"You have no idea how much I wanna slam this door in your face right now but, unlike some people, I have discipline. Let's go" I waved to Liz, who snickered and pulled out her cell, no doubt about to invite Gaara over.

"Don't do anything in our room!" I called back to Liz before the door close.

I heard a faint but unmistakable reply, "Ew!".

My face lifted into a satisfied expression, "Hope you've got money, I don't plan to hold back" I cocked my head at him.

"Don't worry about that, I've got it covered. No need to hold back" he put his hands in his jean pockets.

This simple movement attracted my attention, just a bit. I need pills, I'm going crazy.

"Knock yourself out" Sasuke gestured to the amusement park as we got our tickets cut.

"And let you take me home? No way, we're going on every single ride" I smiled, "Starting with that one" I pointed to the tallest roller coaster in sight.

Sasuke looked up at it, "Sure you can handle it? I don't want you to barf your brains out later" he looked at me, his dark eyes showing his determination.

"We'll see who'll be barfing in the end" I grabbed his hand and started to drag him towards the roller coaster.

When I looked back at him, he was tomato red and he was staring intently at our linked hands.

"Oh, sorry, didn't know that you didn't like holding hands" I let go right away, but I knew that it wasn't the case.

I might as well just play with him a bit, I'm a monster, I know.

"N-no, it's not that" Sasuke stammered and relinked our hands.

I smiled inwardly. I had him wrapped around my finger in just five minutes by holding his hand. He was way too easy to burn up.

"The Wind Ripper...a fitting name" I said as I stood in the line up watching the carts flash by, "Scared yet?" I squeezed Sasuke's hand.

"No way, I'm not gonna let you just scare me off that easy" he leaned down.

"We're in public, dear, I don't want to have other people report me as a serial killer" I beamed at him.

He chuckled and straightened up again. The line wasn't too long, I guess not everyone wanted to make their friends pee their pants like I did. In just a few minutes, Sasuke and I were strapped to the front seat of the cart.

"Thanks for choosing The Wind Ripper, we hope you enjoy your day at Konoha's Scream Paradise!" a helper smiled at us and signaled to the conductor to start the ride.

The cart was long enough to fit at least forty people, sitting in pairs. The cart was only half full. Sasuke and I were able to get the front seat, the one that gets all the action first.