Chapter 26: All Things Unpleasant

I shut the door behind me and slumped to the ground, too stunned to walk another step.

What the hell just happened?, I asked myself as I wound my arms around my legs and buried my head in my arms, Why do I feel so damn dirty?!

I rubbed my arms, feeling vulnerable, then I remembered the key in my pocket. I reached into my back pocket and removed my house key, the whole reason I was in this mess. I turned the key over and over in my fingers. Because of this stupid key, I had been at the mercy of Sasuke, which was a terrifying experience. I shivered as I remembered the way I hadn't been able to move under his oppressive strength and the feel of his tongue running down my neck. I shook my head vigorously, as if I could shake the memories of the past few hours out of my head. It didn't work. I tossed the key onto my bed and found sanctuary in the bathroom where I quickly turned on the shower, hopefully, I wouldn't feel so dirty afterwards. Fifteen minutes later, I stepped out into the humid room, a towel drawn tightly around me. My brain was still crawling along uselessly, incapable of making even a remotely coherent mind work. I wiped the steam on the mirror away so that I could see my face and comb my hair but that was what really threw me out of my reverie. Two reddish patches of skin the size of my thumb nail were nestled on my neck.

"What the hell?!" I cried out as I got a closer look at them in the foggy mirror.

There were, quite obviously, two hickeys planted in plain sight, high on my neck.

"God damn that bastard!" I hissed, covering the hickeys with a hand.

I dried myself quickly and immediately set to work disassembling my wardrobe. Five minutes later, I had on a pair of jeans and a gray turtleneck sweater. Currently, I was donning my red scarf, making sure to cover my entire neck. I had checked the mirror fifty times just to confirm that the hickeys were no longer visible. I checked the clock again and it read six in the morning.

Liz should be waking up soon, I thought tiredly but collapsed on my bed anyways.

I put my cellphone down beside my pillow and the house key right beside it. I felt violated, as if someone had just burst my safety bubble. Then the images came back. Those vivid images of Sasuke hovering over me, his mischievous smirk playing shamelessly across his lips. His gaze seemed sinister and quite frankly, perverted. I would've been dead meat if...if what? What made him stop? Was he really that scared of me? He could've gone much farther but...he didn't. Is he really not as much of a jerk than I thought he was? My mind spun crazily. I turned my head and screamed into the pillow, not knowing what else to do to let out my frustration. Just then, my phone began to ring.

I sat up and answered, "Hey".

"Woah, you sound like a zombie. Hurry up and get ready, we're going down for breakfast in five" Liz said quickly before hanging up.

I ended the call as well and rubbed my forehead tiredly before getting up and stowing away my key, checking my scarf was covering my neck and finally leaving.

As I walked out and shut the door, a voice made me jump, "Morning" it was just Gaara.

"Oh, morning" I answered, relaxing a bit.

"Jeez, you look like you just dug yourself out of your own grave. Couldn't sleep?" Gaara asked, a pitiful expression on his face.

"Uh-".

"I slept like a rock" I nearly had another heart attack.

This time, it was Sasuke, staring at me with the same annoying smug expression from last night. Unconsciously, I drew my scarf up higher until it was covering my chin, just below my lips. Gaara raised his eyebrows but said nothing.