Chapter 10: A Drug Called Lust

"So what are you gonna do for the summer vacations?" Sasuke asked idly.

"I dunno, stay at home?" I shrugged, "I don't really care, it's usually Liz who drags me out to have fun and travel" I changed the channel, flicking from one romance T.V series to the next.

What was with all of these stupid love shows? I mean seriously, not everyone is into that! I checked the clock, only eight o'clock. This was going to be the longest two hours of my life. I popped another piece of sushi into my mouth and I was forced to turn on some kids' channel.

Sasuke arced his eyebrow, "You watch this kind of stuff?" I could tell that he was trying not to laugh.

"Yeah, are you kidding me? I love this show!" I played along with him.

He laughed and watched the show with me silently.

"Great! Now we'll be best friends forever!" the little girl in the T.V squealed.

She hugged the little monkey. This reminded me of Dora the Explorer. I made a mental note to look up the copyrights later.

Sasuke yawned and thrust his arms into the air. His hands came down and one of them wrapped around my shoulders. I sighed and pull him closer, I felt his body relax and I reached up to his ear.

"If you want to go home in one piece, I suggest you stay a meter away from me at all times" I whispered and leaned back down, waiting for him to remove his arm.

He obeyed but he looked sincerely down, "You need to talk about something?" I asked him, feeling slightly guilty.

"Nah. Just worried about a project for class" he said honestly.

"You have trouble in class?" I coughed on my piece of sushi.

He laughed, "Well, only art" he scratched his head, "I was never really good with drawing".

I hesitated before offering my help, "You could come over this weekend I guess. We were supposed to draw portraits right? I can help you out".

He chortled, "Yeah, I've seen your work before".

I blushed, "That was definitely not my best. I can show you my true abilities if you want" I grinned, "It'll blow you away".

He returned my grin, "Try me" he sat back into a comfortable position.

I reached into my bag for my sketch book and pencil, "This could take a while" I warned.

"I'm ready" he replied.

I laughed inwardly, he's so dumb. All I have to do now is work on a drawing of him for about two hours and then I'll be safe! I started to sketch him, starting with his head. I looked from my work to his face and slowly, his face began to appear on the page too, almost exactly the same.

"Stop fidgeting!" I commanded as he twiddled his fingers.

He suppressed a smile, "Sorry, it's just a bit awkward" he said through the side of his mouth.

"No it's not, you just made it awkward" I said, concentrating on my drawing.

I studied his face and tried to draw some expression into his eyes. I stared at his onyx eyes, gleaming in the light of my apartment. I noticed how his fringe just passed his eyebrows and how the corners of his eyes crinkled when he smiled...wait, smiled?

Sasuke was smiling nervously at me, "Something wrong?" he asked.

"N-no, just kinda hard...to, uh, draw..." I mumbled and returned my attention to my sketch.

What the hell was all that about? My stomach lurched uncomfortably and I looked back up at his face. Concentrate, concentrate! You're such a hypocrite, you were the one telling others to like someone for their personality! I shook my head and started to draw the rest of his body.