Chapter 24: First Day, First Night

"Nope" I answered for the twentieth time, "Go fish".

Sasuke picked up another card from the deck between us.

"Do you have any...aces?" I asked, peeking over my own hand.

Sasuke sighed, "I swear you're either cheating or this thing is rigged" he grumbled as he pulled out two aces from his hand.

I winked, "Can't blame the skilled, can you?" I shrugged, taking the cards from him and making my sixth pile.

Sasuke had only one pile so far.

"Hey, how long has it been?" I asked, checking my phone.

Sasuke shrugged, "I dunno, an hour and a half?".

Just as he finished speaking, there was a knock at the door.

"Oh, that must be them" I hopped up from the bed and dropped my cards behind me.

I opened the door to three shocked faces...actually, one of them included a hint of happiness.

"Uh, did you and Sasuke switch rooms or something?" Gaara looked inside suspiciously.

I laughed, "Calm down guys, we got bored of taking a nap so we played some Go Fish" I opened the door wider and welcomed them in to witness for themselves that nothing weird was happening behind closed doors.

Sasuke stood up, the cards we were playing with put away neatly into the case again, "Oh, heya" he nodded.

Liz smirked, "Have fun?".

I returned her smirk, "Yes, as a matter of fact, we did. Been playing Go Fish for a while now".

She patted my head, even though I was taller than her, "I'm proud of you. We'll take it to the next level next time" she said the last sentence as a whisper so that only I could hear her.

"Oh goodie" I muttered.

It was already seven thirty and the sky was a deep blue now and snow was still falling gently from the skies.

"What now?" Karin asked, pushing her glasses up the bridge of her nose.

I shrugged, "Poker?".

Sasuke objected strongly, "No! No more cards! Please..." he massaged his temples.

I chuckled, "Okay then, you think of something".

He thought for a moment, then, "Truth or Dare?".

Liz brightened considerably, "Yeah!".

I rolled my eyes, "Come on, Sasuke, are you a little girl in disguise or something? And guys, we're not in grade school anymore".

"What are we then? Old ladies? Can we not decide on what to do for the next three hours except for card games and Truth or Dare?" Liz crossed her arms in front of her chest.

"Ahem" Gaara cleared his throat loudly, demanding the floor, "Why don't we take advantage of the fact that we have a crapload of snow everywhere we go and get our mitts on".

Liz smiled, "Sounds good to me".

"Aw, come on! Outside, again?" I whined.

Liz glared at me, "You're coming this time" she said firmly.

I raised my hands in surrender, "Okay, okay".

I shoved the twig into the middle of the face and stepped back to admire my handiwork, "Hey, not bad considering the materials I had to work with" I smiled.