Chapter 44: The Orchid

I breathed out a small sigh of relief as I entered the living room. I wasn't sure how long I was gonna last if Deidara decided to be persistent, but it's not like I heard that last thing he said! What? No! I didn't hear a thing...

"Ugh, I'm going insane..." I grumbled as I put my hands to my forehead.

"Yeah, being around that guy makes me want to go insane too" a sudden voice chuckled.

I jumped back as I realized that there was someone lying across the couch right beside me. He was completely covered in a blanket so I had no idea that someone was there as I hadn't been focusing on the lumpiness of the couch but instead, the strings of my sanity. He threw the blanket off his head to reveal silvery white hair, a pair of closed eyes and smirking lips.

 "Oh! S-sorry! I forgot! I didn't mean to disturb your nap..." I apologized immediately, starting to get up.

"Nah, sit. It's fine. Those two are just a bunch of art geeks. The only difference is that one coops himself up in a study every chance he gets and the other one won't shut up" he said jokingly as he opened his eyes to look at me.

I laughed nervously, "Yeah...um...it's that bad, huh?" I tried feebly to continue the conversation.

He propped himself up on one elbow, "Meh, unfortunately, I've hung out with them so much that I'm already used to it" he chuckled, "It's not so bad after a while...".

I internally rolled my eyes, Easy for you to say. It's not as if you were the one who just got harrassed.

Hidan turned his gaze to me, "So, assuming you ran out of there 'cause you hate sculpting, what do you like to do? Know your major yet?" he asked good-naturedly.

I felt myself began to relax, Hidan seemed a lot less intrusive of my personal space, "Well, I haven't really got any ideas yet...I like art but...um...yeah, I have no idea..." I said, chewing on my lower lip.

He considered it for a second, then, "How about sports? You athletic?".

I perked up a bit more, this guy knew how to keep me talking, "Yeah! I love PE class, especially since Gai lets us do anything we want" I said brightly, remembering all the times I had changed the class plans.

I jumped as Hidan threw back his head and laughed heartily, it surprised me as it seemed like he weren't that kind of guy to laugh so loudly, "I remember Gai! Itachi and the three of us used to go there when we were kids too and he couldn't have cared less what we did in class as long as it was 'heated' and 'youthful'!" he laughed.

I laughed with him, "That bit about him hasn't changed in the least!".

Hidan sat up, the covers slipping off of him, "Wanna go outside and shoot a few hoops? Itachi has a basketball hoop pinned over his garage door" he offered.

I thought about it carefully, It's just shooting hoops, I might as well kill the time with some fun...

"Well?".

"Sure" I answered with a smile.

I followed him out the front door and waited as he retrieved a basketball from inside the garage.

"First to three hoops wins?" Hidan suggested as he spun the ball expertly on his index finger.

"Sounds good".

Then he smirked at me, a mischievous grin settled on his lips, "I'll go easy on you 'cause I'm better" he said cockily.

I pouted and raised an eyebrow, "What makes you so sure?".

He scoffed, "Well, first of all, I'd run you over. I'm probably twice your weight and there's a reason why I'm on the team in college" he chuckled.