CHAPTER 4: It's Time

It's 7 o'clock in the morning. The weather was not too good. The cold wind made the trees danced and slightly rain poured down on us.

        Under this tent, many people gathered wearing black clothes. I saw Karen's family, my friends and other people which are close to my mother's heart.

        I stood up from where I am seating and went to the podium in front to say my last words for my mother. I don't like this day to come. I hate saying goodbyes.

        Before I could utter a word, my heart pound and my tears started to fall. It's hard to say goodbye, especially when you're not ready to let go.

"Mom." My voice cracked. "I'm going to missed you so much. I know you're happy now with dad and my brother. It's not easy for me seeing you leaving me now, but I have to be strong. Thank you for everything and sorry to those things that I've done. I love you mom, and I always will." And the tears streamed down my face.

        A familiar tune broke the silence. It's a song which I sang for her every night. I started to sing.

"You tucked me in, turned out the light.

Kept me safe and sound at night,

Little girls depend on things like that.

Brushed my teeth and combed my hair,

Had to drive me everywhere,

You were always there when I looked back.

You had to do it all alone,

Make a living make a home.

It must have been as hard as it could be.

And when I couldn't sleep at night,

Scare of things wouldn't turn out right,

You would hold my hand and sing to me."

        The song stopped and another song was played. This time, I don't think that I should sing this song. But I have to let out my feelings, right? I can do this.

        I started to sing the chorus part.

"I miss you, I miss your smile.

And I still shed a tear every once in a while.

And even though it's different now,

You're still here somehow.

My heart won't let you go,

And I need you to know, I miss you."

        My memories with my mom flashed back. All the good and bad things we shared together.

        After the burial ceremony, I went back to the car with Karen and her family.

        The heavy rain poured down. As the rain hits the window glass and rolled down, I took a last glanced at where's my mother's body was buried.

"Stacey, are you okay?" Karen's mom asked me from the front seat. I didn't answer.

        All the time of travel was all silent.

************

        We arrived at the front gate of my house. Now, I realized that I'm going to live here all alone.

        I opened the gate and say thank you to them, especially to Karen.

"If you need something, just call us, okay?" Mr. Steven said. I nodded.

        They went back to the car and off they went.

        I closed the gate behind me. The house was quiet. I wondered around the living and all the memories that my mother and I came back. We both looked happy in those pictures that were hanged in the wall.

        I sat down on the couch. I felt exhausted, because of that all day I have slept.

************

        I woke up at 6 o'clock in the morning the next day.

        I slowly opened my eyes. I sat up in my bed and stretched my arms. What a bad, lonely morning for me.

"Mom, what will I do now? I wish you were here." Then I lay down again.

        Suddenly, I heard a slammed of the door downstairs. "Mom, yes, I said that I wish you were here but don't scare me please." I mumbled. I was terrified you know.

        I went downstairs, and I saw a girl standing beside the couch where my mom and I used to seat.

"Hey! Excuse me. Who are you?" my voice trembled. I moved closer. There's no answer.

"Hi Stacey" she turned around. I flinched.

"Karen?" my eyes widened. "Why are you here? What are you doing here?"

"Oh pl-ease Stacey. I'm just checking you out if you're fine here. And ahhh.... My dad wants to talk to you." She looked into my eyes.

"Yeah. Talk about what?" I crossed my arms.

"I don't know. Maybe it'll be more okay if you ask him yourself. He's outside." I raised her an eyebrow.

"Just go." She pointed her finger to the door before the garden.

"Okay. Fine." I threw my hands in the air. Defeated.

****

Check out the Butterfly, fly away by: Miley cyrus@1Dizarie.. Do your best and dream high