CHAPTER 19: Heartbreak

(Stacey's POV)

It was a quite busy day but I enjoyed it. Nick and Harry made my day.

I know, I said before that I'm not used to be with boys but being with them, I realized that it's not that bad after all. Besides they are my friends.

There's one thing I observed lately before Nick left the house. He and Harry seem to be in gap. I mean, they don't talk to each other, but why? I don't know but I felt weird.

If I'm not mistaken, Harry is one of the people I know who's always talking and doesn't know how to be silent. Okay, maybe sometimes.

After Nick left the house, Harry asked me something that I didn't expect. He asked me if I like Nick. How does he come up with that kind of question? Maybe he's just curious right? I mean, I just met Nick for 2 days and I'm not sure if I like him or not. He's intelligent, gentleman, talented and cute, so it's really not hard to fall in love with just in case.

"What?.. Like?..Who?.." I asked curiously as I furrowed my forehead.

"Do you like Nick?" Harry seriously asked while looking directly in my eyes. I looked down. Thinking.

"I don't know. Maybe." I blurted out.

What???? Did I just say that???

I bit my lower lip.

"Good to know." Harry said. And I looked up to him. Startled.

He smiled at me and his dimples appeared. Cute.

I nodded once.

"Hey. Why are you sad?" Harry cupped his hands on my cheeks but he replaced it after. "Don't worry, everything is fine. I just observed that you both look at each other like there's something about it. I'm happy for you." I smiled weakly.

************

(Harry's POV)

I pretended to be okay in front of her, but deep inside my heart is crying like hell in pain.

She answered my question with 'I don't know. Maybe.' And 'maybe' is the same thing as 'I do.'

I cannot blame or even say to her this "Why you gotta be so numb? Can't you see that I like you?"

This is all my fault. If I've never been so coward, maybe she already knew this time what I feel for her. Oh how I wish Nick was me.

How come she like him for just meeting him after two days? While me, I've been with her like almost a year. This is so unfair.

Stacey stood up and cleared all the plates. I helped her to put the plates back in the kitchen.

"Urhm..." I cleared my throat. "Do you want to have a walk with me?" I waited for her answer as she stared at me.

"Yeah. Sure. Why not." She answered with a smile painted on her face. "I just go upstairs and fix myself." Then she left.

When I can't see any sign of her, I punched in the air like yeah. I'm smart you know.

I will not give up on this fight that easy. If Nick wanted some fight then I'll give him a fight.

Stacey stepped down the stairs wearing a red cocktail dress. She looks so perfect and beautiful. She never fails to stun me.

I opened the gate for her before me and closed it when we both stepped out.

************

(Stacey's POV)

We arrived at the nearby park. I was surprised of how it looks like. The landscapes are beautiful. The trees are big and tall. The place is surrounded by different kinds of flowers. Few people were walking. Maybe it is because it's night time.

Harry and I saw a bench beside a pine tree. We sat there next to each other, never even saying a word.

After a minute, suddenly, one young couple passed by in front of us. Harry and I just stared at them as they walked away. They look happy having each other. Their hands were entwined.

I looked down.

"Harry, have you been in love?"

"Yeah." He answered and I stared at him "Really?" I asked.

"Yes. I had my first girlfriend. But don't worry, It's over." He ran his fingers through his hair and smiled.

"So..." I began. "Is there someone who made your heart beat again?" I teased him.

He looked at me, suddenly, he looked away.

"There is actually but..." I cut him off.

"Then she's very fortunate to have you Harry."

"You really think so?"

"Yeah." I nodded. "Does she know that you like her?" I added curiously.

"No." he said flatly.

"But why? You have to tell her before it is too late."

"It is impossible to have an 'us', especially now that she likes somebody else."

Then I remembered someone, HES. What if he doesn't want to search for me because he's already in love with someone? What if he's married? I felt sad about my thoughts.

"Harry.." my voice trembled.

"Yes, Stacey?"

"Do promises are meant to be broken?"

"Stacey, we say promises because we mean it. But sometimes, we cannot make it happen because of some reasons. People broke their promises not because they tend to do it but because it is too late for them to do such actions. We have to accept and understand sometimes that people change, everyone in not perfect and everything is uncertain."

I smiled weakly and nodded.

A moment after we heard the sound of the thunder. We were both startled and looked at the sky above us.

"Maybe we have to go home now Harry. I think it is going to rain."

Suddenly, the rain poured down on us. We ran as fast as we could to find a shed.

I ran faster than Harry and got first under the shed.

"Harry. I told you..." I stopped. I don't see Harry. What I remembered was, he ran behind me. Where is he now?

I looked to my left and right. No sign of him.