CHAPTER 6: Confrontation

It was late at night when I arrived at the airport. I wondered around to find the exit. Bingo!!! There it is!

        I went through the exit door and waited for the car Uncle was talking about.

        A black car, I don’t know what its model, parked in front of me. The window started to roll down. The driver leaned closer before uttering a word. “Are you Ms. Stacey Davis?” he asked with his British accent. I wanted to laugh before saying the code thingy, but no. “You’re a cow.” I chuckled. “Yes or no.” he replied.

        He went out of the car and helped me carry my stuffs and putted it at the back of the car.

        Looking at him made me want to burst into laughter. Not just because of the code, but because of his body. I must say that he really gained weight. It was really mean to ask him if he’s a cow with that…. Ahm… in that situation. Maybe he’s in his mid 4o’s. He’s kind, a good Father figure for me.

        I sat at the back of the driver seat. I’m so excited to meet my relatives. Will they be able to like me? Do we look alike? What if they don’t like me? I know I have to think positive but this is my first time to see them. Don’t blame me.

“Hi. Ahm.. what is your name? I asked the driver.

“I’m Ben.’ He replied. “Nice name.” I said with a smile.

“Are you okay? You look tired. And is there something bothering you? You’re all silent.” He asked with full concern on his face.

“Yes. I’m fine. Thank you for the concern, but i think I’m just tired.” He nodded.

        The whole travelling was quiet. I don’t know if how long it will take until getting to the place.

************

“We’re here.” Ben said cheerfully.

        I hastily went outside the car to see the view of the big mansion. “WOW!” I said with amazement in my voice.

“Words of Wisdom?” Ben joked. “No. As in WOW!” I emphasized the word ‘wow’. This is all I can say though.

        The house is huge, sort of my dream house. It’s a breath taking one.

“Your stuffs are inside. Enjoy your stay.” He smiled.

“thank you. ‘till next time.” I said.

        Wooh. This is it. I just have to go inside and say hello to everyone and everything will be alright. Right?

        I opened the gate and closed it behind me. I walked slowly towards the main door which was open.

“Hello. Anybody home?” my voice echoed. But there’s no answer.

        The house is beautiful, it has chandeliers and many expensive things which made it more beautiful and elegant.

“Hey! Who are you? How did you get in here?” the guy sitting on the couch said. I flinched. He stood up. He got the looks. I love his brown eyes just like mine. His nose was perfect. Maybe his 19 years old or so. And he’s tall, no doubt, maybe 5’9. Honestly, he’s cute.

“I’m so…” I was cut off by a man came from a room.

“Zayn, get ready. Your sister will be here soon. And ….” He stopped at the sight of my face. He seemed startled.

        As he moved closer to me, I can see a familiar face. I can barely recognize him but I think I’ve met him before. I think.

“Stacey…”he said. He’s voice sounds like my dad. But no way…! It can’t be! He’s dead with my … brother. Why am I so confused right now?