CHAPTER 26: Harry, what's wrong?

"Thank you." I said while wiping my tears with his handkerchief. It smelled good and familiar.

"How did you..." I trailed off.

"How did I find you?"

"Yeah." I nodded.

"It's easy. As I remembered, this is the only place that you know aside from your house." He teased. A smile escaped from my lips.

He's right. I don't have any place to go except here and the house. It's actually sucks to be me. Me, who wanted to be happy but all of a sudden, it'll all turn into a nightmare.

"I know what happened..." I cut him off. Looking at his eyes weakened me. Why do we have this connection every time we look at each other?

"I don't want to talk about it. I made a mistake and that's it." Looking away from his gaze, I looked down. My fingers were playing with each other.

Life's lessons are kind of confusing. We sometimes ask why, who, when, where, and how, when things went wrong. Have you ever asked yourself why these things are happening? Maybe things happen because we think that wrong is right and right is wrong. Maybe, because we just listened to what the heart beats and not what the mind says. But for me, everything happens for a reason.

"Stacey," he placed his hand over my hand and sighed. "You deserve someone else. Someone who'll make you laugh whenever you're sad. The person who'll fight for you and will never hurt you. The person who'll love you for the rest of his life."

"Thank you for always being there for me Harry." I placed my other hand over his hand and look into his green orbs. "I'm so glad that I met someone like you. You never fail to make me happy especially in times like this. I wish you could fine a girl in your dreams because I know she's fortunate to have you." I bit my lower lip and tears started to fall.

"I will always be here for you no matter what." He said while wiping my tears with his thumb.

I looked up at the dark sky and the stars sparkled endlessly. The trees danced in the wind and the cold air runs over my skin.

"See that star?" I stretched my arm and point my finger.

"What star?" he asked, searching for the star I was pointing to.

"The brightest.... That's starlet." He didn't respond.

Looking down, I catch him looking at my direction.

"Harry, are you okay?" staring at him gave me a puzzled looked. He smiles and his dimples appeared.

"I'm okay, just remembered someone." His smile faded.

"That star is ours." I said proudly with a smile on my face.

"You mean ours? The two of us?"

"No,." I chuckled. "Me and a special person in my life." My eyes lightened up and felt the hope.

"oh." He said and lean his back against the bench.

"Future depends on the past and present is a part of the past." I muttered.

"What do you mean?" he leaned closer, I could smell his perfume.

"Maybe it's not too late after all." I squealed and stood up. "C'mon Harry, let's go home." I grabbed his wrist and pulled him like a kid. "Now, I have to do what is right Harry. We never know that my past might be my future." I smirked.

************

We got home after 10 minutes. Perrie, Daniele, and Eleanor were waiting behind the front door. I hugged them and said sorry for the problem I gave them. Perrie called up Zayn to say I'm already home. I excused myself and hastily went to my room. Harry followed me, wearing a worried face.

Kneeling down the floor, I pulled out a medium box under my cabinet.

"What are you doing?" Harry doing while running his fingers through his hair.

"Preparing my things." I answered.

"Where are you going?" he moved closer to me.

"I'm going to find HES, Harry. I made a wrong decision once and I'm letting that happened again." I said while packing my things inside the bag.

Harry didn't answer a single word. He was just standing there and staring at me. His gestures seem surprised.

"Would you mind telling me about him?" Harry asked sincerely. I thought for a moment and then nodded.

"Take a seat." He sat down on a chair beside my bed. "Shall I start?" I asked, sitting down on the floor.

"HES is my grade school penpal from England. The first time when my teacher told me to write a letter for him, I hesitated because I don't know his gender that time. It's quite funny though." Harry smiled weakly. "HES been a good friend of mine. Then time goes by and I didn't realize that I'm actually falling for him. We exchanged letters once in a month, and it's great to know that there's someone who really cares for you. The truth is, I kept some of his letters for me. It serves as a remembrance."

"May I see them?" he asked and gave him the box I was holding.

"We were both young that time and far away from each other but it never been a hindrance to love each other. He was 2 years older than me. He was also the ones who named the star 'starlet'. He gave me keychain with his name on it. I wish I could see him."

"Then where is he now?" harry asked.

"I don't know, but I have to find him. This is the only chance to make our promises happen. I still hold on to that." I smiled.

"What promise?" He stared at me.

"That we will search for each other when we both reach the age of 18. And I should be his first girlfriend and he should be my first boyfriend."

Silence filled the room. Harry was totally focusing at the box I gave him. He ran his fingers over the papers. He held all the objects that were inside the box. This is the first time I saw Harry acting like this.

"KC." Zayn called out my nickname.

"Zayn, I'm here." I yelled as I moved over the door.

"Wait." Harry whispered and held my wrist. I turned around to face him. "Who's KC?"

"That's me. It's my nickname." I said cheerfully. He let go of my hand and I bolted down the living room where the boys were gathered around.

"Zayn!" I squealed.

"oh, KC, Stacey, whatever.... How are you? Are you okay?" he hugged me.

"Yeah, I'm fine." I smiled at him.

"You made us so nervous." Louis sased.

"Sorry about that. Promise, I will never do that again."

"Awwww... C'mon here. Let me give you a hug." Louis smirked.

"We looked everywhere to find you." Liam injected as he placed his hand over my shoulder.

"Harry, knew where to find me. So don't worry." I looked back to see Harry. "Right Harry?" he didn't answer and he slowly stepped down the stairs.

"Are you okay mate?" Niall ran towards Harry.

"I'm alright mate. Just tired. I have to go now. Good night everyone." He said weakly.

I moved slightly to catch Harry but Zayn pulled me. "He'll be okay Stacey." Zayn reassured.

I'm not used to seeing him like that.

"I hope so." I felt sorry for Harry. He might have some problems that's bothering him this past few days. Oh how I wish he'll be okay.

************

A/N @1Dizarie

I hope you like this update.

Comment, vote. please tell me what you think of it.

thank you (^_^)