CHAPTER 8: Ride here, Ride there

"Liam, thank you for taking me here. This place is soooo.... AMAZING!" I squealed and hugged him like a kid.

"You're welcome. And do I have to say that you're cute on your outfit today."

"Thank you." I smiled at him.

I was wearing a red v-neck shirt, a black shorts, a cap and pair of black keds shoes.

Everywhere I look, rides overwhelmed me. It took me back time when I was still a kid. Mom and I used to go to parks, and we were having so much fun. Now, I missed her so much.

"Liam, let's try that one." I said pointing to the roller coaster ride.

"The roller coaster of life?"

"Huh?" I turned to face him with confusion on my face.

"Ah... nothing. Just a Zayn Malik thing." He said. I nodded.

"C'mon. Let's have fun." And I held his arm and pulling him like a kid.

We sat on the roller coaster seat next to each other and pulled down the stainless steel which serves a seatbelt for safety.

It slowly moves and my heart beats fast. The feeling was great especially, when it started to move up and down with the full speed letting your heart out of your ribs.

Liam and I raised our hands up in the sky while screaming at the top of our lungs as the roller coaster gets faster and faster. We both laughed at each other after the ride. Pestering each other on how we looked like lately. Silly us.

"Roller Coaster is done so why don't we try those?" Liam suggested pointing his finger to the bump car's direction.

"Challenge accepted." I said. Feeling brave.

We went to the bump car area. We bought 2 tickets like what we did lately on the first ride.

I picked bump car #7 and he picked car #1. I get in the car and fasten my seatbelt. Several people joined us.

I always bumped on Liam's car and made me laugh out loud. I head banged so many times that my brain were mashed and made me freaking dizzy. It was fun though.

After several more rides, we both felt our tummy persuade. We went to a canteen and ordered burgers, French fries and milk teas. It's already 2:30 in the afternoon.

Seating opposite to Liam was hard. Especially, I'm not used to eating with a guy. I'm enjoying my food so don't disturb. Hehe. Kidding.

"Stacey..." he said cutting the silence. I looked up to face him. "How are you and Zayn?" I remained silent. Giving him a weak smile and looked down.

What would I answer? We're fine? That? But no. It's lying. I'm not a great pretender either. So, it's more okay to shut up.

"You're Zayn's sis, right?" changing the topic. "But why you don't look like him? It's just only you're eyes and lips that have resemblance." He added.

"Ah. That." I starterd. Do I have to tell him the truth? He's kind of a trust worthy one. Right?

"Uhm... Zayn is my half-brother." I turned to him, looking for any reaction but he just smiled at me. "Zayn's mother died when he's still 2 years old so our Dad married my Mom after a year. I was 3 years old that time when Dad and Zayn left us and Mom made me believed that they were dead. I can't even imagine for 17 years, I've been living in lies. Then just last night I found out that he cheated so Dad left us. And about the look-a-like thing, I look more like my Mom."

"Ah... so that's why." He said while nodding. "I don't want to intrude but I observed that you and Zayn are not okay."

"Yeah." I sighed. "I admit it. It's just, I think, uhm.. not the right time to forgive. I still feel the hatred and anger. So sorry, but I can't forgive and forget that easily...." He cutted me off.

"But I saw you frowned lately when I told you that Zayn's not coming with us. I know there's a part of you wants to forgive but there's something holding you back and that's hatred and anger. You don't need to wait for the right time. But bare this in mind, do what you think will make you happy and feel free."

Awwww... he's too kind and helpful. I don't regret I told him about who I am.

"Thank you Liam." I smiled at him and he smiled back.

"So... uhm.. Let's go?" Liam said, standing up.

"Yeah" and I followed him.

************

"Our final destination... ja- raaaaa.... The perris wheel!!" he looks so excited.

"You go. I just wait here." I refused.

"But why?"

"I'm afraid of heights." I said, grinning.

"Ah... little Stacey is afraid of heights." He teased in a sing-song tone.

"Stop it." I laughed.

"Okay. Let's go home then. I don't want Zayn kick my ass if I brought you home late." He smirked.

"Yeah. Nice idea. And thank you Liam."

"You're welcome."

He drove me home. He dropped me at the front gate. He refused to get inside so we exchanged our Thank yous and Goodbyes.

A day to be remembered.

Maybe he's right about forgiving and I shouldn't have to wait for the right time.
************
The gate behind me made a cracking sound.

"Stacey..." a woman voice filled my ears. But not just a voice of a woman, it sounds like my mom.

My eyes widened and I frozed. I'm too scared to turn around. I forcibly closed my eyes and open it again. A sight of a woman's shadow showed behind me.

Mom please don't scare me. Please.

I contained myself a bucket of braveness. I slowly turned around.