CHAPTER 9: SUPERMAN is here!

I froze. My knees and hands were shaking. I slowly turned around.

"Oh. Goodness. It's just you." I flinched and placed my hands on my chest. "You scared me." I sighed.

Our maid scared me for the first time.

She let me enter the gate first and locking the door behind her.

We walked down the aisle next to each other and stopped at the front door. I faced her and smiled. "Sorry for what I did last night, uhm..." she cutted me off.

"It's nothing. I understand." She placed her hand over my shoulder.

"What is your name? I forgot to ask you last night." I said.

"Betty."

"Nice to meet you, Betty. I'm Stacey." I stretched my hand and we shook hands.

That blue eyes and flash of smile on her face made her look younger though she's on her mid 40's. She's open-minded to all things and I like that. Her silky brunette hair looks perfect on her white complexion.

I twisted the doorknob beside me and opened the door.

"What do you want to eat?" Betty asked.

"No. I'm good." As I walked to the stairs.

"Hey, uhm.." I stopped and turned to her. "Where's Dad and Zayn?" I added.

"They, uhm... not coming home tonight. Your Dad has to finish all of his works in the office and Zayn went out to a party with his friends."

"Okay. Thank you." I squealed. "I just go upstairs and arrange and arrange my stuff, unpacking them. You know." She nodded in respond.

************

"This should be there... this.... Here......this.....there..." me arranging and classifying my stuffs from pants, t-shirts, shorts, dress, nightgowns, and etc. while laid them on my bed.

I don't want to be messy, especially I'm a girl. I want my stuffs to be organized so that when I need something, I could find it fast.

Alright. I'm almost done.

"What is this?" I whispered.

A small and a medium size box caught my attention. I held first the small box and opened it.

"It's mom's gift." A smile escaped on my face. I hurriedly putted on the necklace and turned around, seeing my reflection in the mirror. It looks perfect to me.

After, I held the medium box up at my eye level, like a scientist observing his solutions in a beaker. I'm trying to recognize it. Wait!! I remembered now. It is my Pen Pal's gift to me.

I heard 3 knocks on the door.

"Come in." I called out and placed the box down on my bed.

"I made you pancakes and a hot chocolate drink." Betty entered holding a tray with a plate of pancakes and a glass of hot chocolate drink.

"Thank you Betty. You're so thoughtful."

"It's nothing dear. I'll just put this on your table and eat it, before it gets cold." I nodded.

I'm still busy unpacking my stuffs.

"Need some help?" I looked up to her. "No Thanks. I'm almost done." I assured her.

Then she twisted the doorknob but refused to open it. "By the way, Zayn told me that tomorrow will be the enrollment day at the nearby College school so get up early. Ben will pick you up at 8:30 in the morning."