CHAPTER 18: Nothing's Fine I'm TORN

(Harry's POV)

I was about to open the door when I heard Stacey called out from behind. I faced her. She was 3 or 4 meters away from me.

Her hands were locked at her back as she swings her body like a little kid.

"Want to join us for dinner?" she smiled.

Looking pass her shoulder, there was Nick waiting also for my response.

What should I say, Yes or No? If I say Yes, there will be a 50-50 chance that Nick will not pissed me off. And if I say No, Stacey will never ask me that question again because I refused for the first time she asked me.

It would be easy to answer that if Nick's not around.

"Yeah...sure." I ran my fingers through my hair and smiled at her.

Harry,what actually are you thinking? You don't want to see Nick right? But you did say YES?

"Sit there next to Nick if it is okay with you. I'll go get the foods." She pointed to the kitchen's direction.

Her smile was effortless. I'm so fortunate to have Zayn because I met Stacey, the love of my life.

Should I follow her instruction to sit next to Nick? Or should I refuse? But this is not all about me and Nick. This is all about me and Stacey.

Nick stared at me as I come over him. I just sat down on the couch, laid my back and thinking that he doesn't exist.

"Hey bro.... you like her, don't you?" he asked to break the silence.

Stop calling me BRO because you're not my brother.

I didn't bother myself to look at him and tell him about my feelings. He's so annoying. Isn't it obvious that I DO FREAKING LIKE HER?

"No silly. We're just close because she's Zayn's sister." I replied.

What?!!!!!Why didn't you tell him the truth?

Sorry, but I have to lie and I think this is not the right time to tell anyone about my feelings for Stacey especially to him.

"Yeah. I know you won't...." He paused. "Because I like her."

My mouth dropped.

I turned my head to him slowly like I'm in slow motion.

"What did you say?" I asked him with a defeated face painted on my face.

"I like her bro. I know I just met her yesterday but she's different among the others." He smirked.

I nodded to what he said. I felt weak and defeated.

That's what I'm saying. She's so irresistible and nobody will ever think twice to love her.

"What are you two talking about?" Stacey walked in from the kitchen.

"It's nothing." I replied and stood up to help her carry the plates she was holding.

"Thank you, Harry."

"No problem Love."

Did I just say that word?

Nevermind.

Nick removed all his books and papers that were laid down the table and I placed the plates on it.

Stacey sat down in an Indian style across me and Nick sat down beside her.

How cool was that? Note the sarcasm.

"Before we eat, let us pray first." Then she closed her eyes and bowed her head then led the prayer.

I closed my eyes and hold my hands together. When she finished, I looked up at her, she seems so happy. Does she feel the same thing for Nick?

I changed the direction of my sight and saw Nick's serving Stacey.

My mind was thinking about cutting his head off, drowning him or threw him into the dungeon due to being annoyed or simply JEALOUS.

Seeing them laughed at each other, torn my world into pieces. Seeing them smile at each other, made me feel out of place. Maybe staying is a bad idea after all.

Ccrriinngg!!! A phone ringed.

I shoved my hand inside my pocket but it's not the one that was ringing.

"Hello?" Nick said while holding his phone near his ear, then, he stood up. All that I could hear was "yeah" and "okay".

Stacey was still busy in eating. I glanced at her. What if she likes Nick too? What if it is too late for me and Stacey?

"Hey, Stacey. Mom called and I have to go home now. Thanks. See you tomorrow." He smirked. He grabbed his books and shoved it inside his backpack. He waved at us as he walked towards the door.

I looked at Stacey as she stared at Nick's direction. She smiled at me. And for the first time, she looked at me directly in the eyes. Her brown eyes shimmered.

After a moment, she looked down.

Silence filled the air.

"Stacey..." my voice trembled.

"Yeah?" she replied.

I'm having a second thought about if I'm going to ask her this or not. I don't know what she'll think. I don't care if she'll laugh at me but I have to do this.

"Do you like him?" I muttered.

"What?.... Like?.....Who?" she asked confused.

"Do you like Nick?" I repeated with a clear voice.