CHAPTER 24: Text Message

The party had already ended and we got home at 11pm.

I washed myself up after a tiring but memorable night of my life while Dad and Zayn, did the same.

I am ready to go to bed when I heard 3 knocks on the door.

"Come in." I called out. Zayn entered the room with his slumber clothes on. His hands were holding a small box.

"Hello sis. Did you have a great time?" Zayn asked and he sat on the edge of my bed.

"Of course, I do. Thank you. You're the best Zayn." I hugged him.

"I have my last surprise for you."

"really?" I squealed.

"Yes. Hope you'll like it." Zayn handed me the box he was holding. I opened it with my eyes wide open.

"oh my gosh Zayn! Is this for real?" he nodded. "awwww.. thank you. Now, I can text and call you anytime I want." I squealed.

"I already saved the lads' numbers there.." he trailed off. "And, the three girls too." He added.

"Thank you very much Zayn." I smiled at him while holding his gift, an Iphone.

"Okay." He stood up. "Goodnight sis." He kissed me on the forehead."

"Goodnight bro." then he closed the door behind him.

The last thing I want to do before I go to sleep is to thank, Harry, Louis, Niall, Liam, Daniele, Eleanor and Perrie. Due to them, I had the best debut party ever. Maybe I'm a little bit of sassy lately but it's not my fault. Hope they'll understand.

I turned on my cellphone and clicked the message icon. After, I clicked the 'create message' button and started to compose.

To: all contacts

Hey guys! Thank you for giving me the best birthday party. Thank you for being there for me no matter what.

For the 3 girls who dragged me out of the house, sorry for what I acted lately. I didn't mean to.

Because I missed you so much and I want to spend some time with you, would you mind if you go here tomorrow night and have a pool party?

I love you guys. Goodnight.

I pushed the send button. After a minute, I received replies from them.

Eleanor: it's okay Stacey. And I'm so excited for the pool party.

Perrie: no worries sis.

Louis: Hope you had fun love.

Niall: Thanks for the food. Just kidding. And see you tomorrow Stacey.

Daniele: No problem Stacey. I know it's kind of our fault because we didn't tell you about what was going on.

Liam: Happy birthday again.

Zayn: No problem sis.

I replied them all but Harry didn't send me a message. Maybe, he's already knocked down and cannot even compose a message for me.

I laid down and closed my eyes. Suddenly, my phone vibrated. I opened it.

From: Harry

I love you too.

I checked on my sent messages to see if what would be his basis why he text me that. That's it! He just replied that in response of my text, 'I love you guys'.

Harry was acting so weird this evening. I don't know if he has a problem or there's something bothering him but it really affects me and it sometimes feel that it is because of me.

************

The next day at 5 pm, Nick was putting back his books, papers and pens inside his bag. This is the last day of my tutorial.

The lads are busy cooking our foods while the girls are preparing the pool for tonight's party.

"It's been a long time since the first day I met you and now I'm actually your tutor. Thank you for such a very good student." Nick smirked. "Today is your last day for the tutorial session and I hope you have learned something from me. I would like to stay but I have 2 more tutorials." Nick said while standing up.

"I've learned so many things and I want to thank you for that." I smiled at him.

"So I have to go now." He waved at me before closing the door.

************

(Nick's POV)

I arrived at my house at 6:00 pm.

It's hard for me to say goodbye especially to Stacey. I'll miss her jokes and laughs. But instead of letting sadness defeat me, I packed my things again for my next session.

"Knock! Knock!" a voice called out behind my room's door. I walked towards the door and opened it.

"Beth?" my eyes widened. "What are you doing here? How did you get in here?" I was surprised by the sight of my ex-girlfriend. We broke up because she cheated on me and I don't her back in my life.

"Go home now Beth, We're over." But she won't listen and instead, she entered my room.

"Beth get out of my roo.." she kissed me in the middle of saying something. I pushed her away from me and wiped my lips with my hand and smelled the scent of alcohol.

***************

(Stacey's POV)

After Nick left the house, I went to the kitchen where the boys were chopping and cooking. I opened the refrigerator and pulled out a bottle of orange juice and poured some in a glass.

"Make sure that it'll taste good guys." I teased.

"that's for sure. Harry's the cook." Louis chuckled. I gave them a sheepish smile.

"Okay. I'll go back to the living room and clean up everything." They all nodded.

When I got there, I accidentally sat on a cellphone. I thought it was mine but it's all Nick's phone. I can't call him because I have his phone so I decided to go to their house and bring back his phone.

"Zayn, I'm going to Nick's house." I called out.

"Why?" he asked while holding a plate.

"I will give his phone. He accidentally left it and he may need it. Don't worry, I'll be right back after." I pointed out. He nodded.

************

I arrived at Nick's house at 6:10pm.

The front door of his house was slightly open. I slowly went inside. "Nick." I called his name, but his not answering.

I saw his room and it was also slightly open. I walked over and opened it.

"Nick!!" I exclaimed. My eyes widened and my heart pound. Frozen, numb, and weak, that's what I felt.