Chapter 2; I hate this.

Loralie's P.O.V.-

Waking up to the sunlight streaming in through my window calmed me down a bit. I remember being afraid of not being able to see that again, to see my friends again, to see..him again.

"Sun staring again?" 

He mumbled as though he heard my thoughts. I smiled and rolled over to face the person laying beside me, Damon. His eyes were closed, but he was obviously awake from his raised eyebrows. "There's nothing wrong with enjoying the little things," I defended. "Of course not, a lot of people stare at sun spots on their floors." He mumbled reaching up and rubbing his eyes before opening them and staring at me. 

"You just need to get out for a little while, see the world from my view." I said, ignoring his sarcastic eye roll.

"Are you asking me out on a date?" He mumbled, closing his eyes again. I laughed once and smiled, "Of course not, what makes you think i'd ever go on a date with you?" I asked raising an eyebrow.

His eyes opened and he raised an eyebrow. "You're kidding, right?" I rolled over and sat up without an answer. 

"Loralie, you're kidding." He said as I stood up from the bed. I sighed and walked over towards the sun spot. "Loralie,..." He said in a warning tone as I still didn't answer him. I heard him roll over and slowly stand up from the bed. "Lori?" He mumbled facing me. I smirked to myself.

Damon's P.O.V.-

"Loralie,..." I said, warning her. I rolled over and stood up from the bed before rubbing my eyes again. Still no answer.

Was she serious? "Lori?" I mumlbed eyeing her. She stood still for a few seconds. I blinked once, and suddenly she was standing inches from me. "Of course I am," She said eyeing me. I slowly looked down at her lips, before leaning closer. Just before I could kiss her, she was suddenly beside the sun spot again. She smiled at me, "I love the sun," She said eyeing the small specks that floated through it.

"Well, I'm sorry to tell you, you're a vampire." I said. "I know, I know." She said with an aggrivated grunt. I made a mental note not to bring it back up, wait, why would I do that? I love making people mad...

"I just, miss being able to enjoy it without having to have a stupid necklace or ring on." She said reaching out towards the spot. She stuck her hand under the rays, letting the sun slip over her hand. 

She yanked her hand back and let a loud yelp out, and jumped back, I was quickly behind her, grabbing her by the waist and steadying her. She gripped her hand and eyed the spot. I grabbed her arm and examined her hand. It was red and a bit raw and burnt. Slowly, It disappeared. "You don't have your necklace,.." I said looking up at her frightened eyes. 

 "That was a border line, idiotic move." I said looking down at her hand. With no response, I looked up at her. She stared at my chest, obviously upset. "What?" I asked eyeing her. "I hate this,.." She said with a sad expression. "I want to be human more than anything in the world." 

And I kept my expression straight, but inside I was mad, angry, sad, all at the same time. Because it was her that I wanted more than anything in the world. But it was not the same for her,..

She was in love with me, and she did want me forever, but she will never love me the way I love her, and that was obvious. 

"It's okay," I said pulling her closer and wrapping my arms around her. "...I'm going to find a way." I said quietly. "How? I was the cure..and now I'm not..it's gone." She said in a low muffle tone. "I'll find a way." I repeated leaning down and kissing her on the head.

Caroline's P.O.V.-

"Goodmorning." I said with a smile as Loralie and Damon entered the kitchen. "What are you doing here?" Damon asked eyeing me oddly. I raised an eyebrow and poured some coffee into my cup. "I spent the night, Stefan asked me to. He just got home." I defended as Stefan entered the kitchen. 

"Goodmorning." He said eyeing Damon. "Morning." Loralie replied and that's when he looked down at her. I realized I have never seen them actually looking at each other, and to be completely honest, it was weird. He stared a bit harder than he should have and she never broke the gaze. She narrowed her eyes, almost as though she noticed it, and was confused. 

I gazed up from them to Damon, who stood beside Loralie, obviously glaring at Stefan. He noticed it too. He took a step forward, and Stefan quickly broke the gaze, looking up to Damon. "Don't you have somewhere to be?" Damon asked. "I'm sure you wish I did." Stefan said walking over towards the coffee. 

I looked back down at Loralie, who gazed up at me, with confused eyes, begging for an explanation. "Hey, Damon. Later, I'm going to borrow your girlfriend. She needs a day out, and I desperately need to go shopping." I said sipping my coffee. Damon gazed down at Loralie, before grunting to himself and frowning.

Typical Damon.