Chapter 9;Powder

Damon's P.O.V.-

"I can't believe you did this,.." Caroline mumbled as she threw another cup into the trash can she carried in her hand. I sighed and grabbed an empty beer bottle before tossing it into my trash can, before rolling my eyes. "It was a last minute decision." I responded reaching for another bottle. 

"To throw a freaking..block party!?" She asked hastily. "I could be spending my night with Tyler, but no, I'm stuck here in your living room helping you clean up your mess." She complained. I ignored it and set the trash can down. "Where is Loralie anyways?" She asked, so she must think Loralie is my "mess". "She's upstairs." I responded quickly. 

"Stefan?" She asked. I looked up at her, and she nodded quickly. "Upstairs.." She mumbled. "Gotcha." I looked up at her and frowned slightly. "Hey, You did this to yourself." She said tossing a cup into her trash can. I grabbed mine back and reached for a bottle beside me. "No, technically I didn't. It's the stupid..spirits or whatever. Or Fate. I don't know who to blame, she's meant to be with Stefan, she's supposed to be with him, but she fell in love with me.,"

My hand fell heavily to my side as I set the can back down. "And now it's like a tug of war between me and him, and she's the rope. No matter how hard I pull, he will always be pulling stronger. She can be in love with me all she wants, but she'll always want to be with him more, even if she wants to or not." 

"So,.." Caroline said, "What's the real reason it's bothering you, you never let a girl get to you.. "She said eyeing me. "Like it's not obvious enough," I said gazing up at her as I bent down to pick up a cup. I stood back up and looked at her, and she just raised an eyebrow. I sighed and tossed the cup into my can. "I'm still in love with the kid." 

Loralie's P.O.V.-

"Okay,..what's your favorite color?" I asked as me and Stefan sat in my bed facing each other. He suggest 20 questions and that led us here. "Blue, but a faded blue," He responded with a smile. "What's your favorite form?" He asked raising an eyebrow, "Wolf, of course, it's my strongest." I responded. 

"I noticed tonight," He said with a smile. I smiled but slowly looked towards the window as something caught me eye. "Who's that?" I asked eyeing the distant person standing at the edge of the woods. "That's creepy.." I mumbled. 

"I'll go check it o-" Stefan began to say, standing up. Before he could finish I was gone, and he sighed. "Out.." He finished quietly with a sigh.

I walked out of the front door quickly and began making my way across the yard. I recognized that red hair..

Alison.

She had a blank look on her face as I approached her, "What the hell are you doing he-" I froze as she slowly fell to the ground, blood running down her back. Someone took her place with a smile,

Klaus.

"No.." I mumbled and began backing away. I made it only a few steps, before he had me by the throat. He smiled lifting a small caspule to his mouth and pulling the cork out with his teeth, before dumping the powder it held onto my face, most of it made it's way in my nose.

I caughed hastily, but as soon as I opened my eyes again my vision was blurry. He let my throat go and I fell to my knees, trying to keep my eyes open, whatever he just made me breathe in, was causing me to get dizzy, Just as he appeared, he was gone, 

"Loralie!" 

"Lori!"

"Loralie"

I heard three different voices call my name, before the world went black.

Caroline's P.O.V.-

I crossed my arms and continued pacing back and fourth in Loralie's room as Bonnie checked her pulse as she lay unconcious on the bed. Damon sat on the window seat, and Stefan made sat nervously in her dresser chair. "Is she going to be alright?" I asked, freezing in place. "Well,..whatever he made her breathe in was a strong, rare powder." Bonnie replied.

"Cut to the chase, witch." Damon said anxiously. "Well,.." Bonnie said quietly. She placed her hand against Loralie's head and sighed, "She's not exactly okay,.." She said. 

"What's wrong with her?" Stefan asked. "Other than the fact she was attacked by an original and drugged up?" Damon asked coldly. Stefan returned Damon's cold look. "Boys," Bonnie said harshly. "This is about Loralie, not you two's relationship issues."

"Right.." Stefan mumbled. "She's not going to wake up any time soon.," Bonnie said. "Why not?" I asked quickly. "Because," Bonnie began,

"She's in a coma."