Chapter 24; Pathetic

Loralie's P.O.V.-

"You never did explain to me why you agreed to come out with me." Klaus's voice broke the silence that filled the car. I sighed and shrugged before looking out the passenger-side window. "I got tired of everyone trying to tell me what to do," I gazed over at him, "And you can't do that, so I decided to come. But don't flatter yourself," I gazed back at the window, "This isn't a date."

"Oh, of course not, I would never think differently." He said gazing out at the road. "Where are we going?" I asked gazing over at him. "Just to see an old friend." He replied with a soft smirk. "My friend or your friend?" 

"All depends on how long you hold grudges." He said turning the car onto a side-road. "It depends on what they did. Hey," I said quickly, "Why are we going down here?" 

"Our little friend is waiting down here." He said with the same smirk. " I'm ...not in the mood for a reunion." I said reaching over for the door.

In one quick, startling motion, he reached over, grabbing the door and slamming it back shut before gazing at me. "Don't leave, our friend will be quite disappointed." I sat back quickly and glared at him, before he sat back and continued down the road.

'He's to quick for me, and I'm not nearly strong enough to beat him, even being a hybrid.'

I mentally told my mind to shut up before gazing out the window. "I hope you know that the first chance I get, I'm going to kill you." I gazed over at him, "I'm quite aware, love." He replied. 

I sighed and looked back out the window, "My name's Loralie, you may call me that. Nothing else."

"Of course, Love." He replied with a smirk. The car turned around a sharp curve before slowly pulling to a stop, and who was standing in the headlights of the car? No one other than the one and only,..

Katherine.

I raised an eyebrow, but before I could move, my door was yanked open, as Klaus reached in and pulled me to my feet. In one quick motion, Katherine was by my side, turning me and pressing me against the car. She pulled my hands behind my back and wrapped rope around them before tieing it. 

I gritted my teeth as the rope dug into my skin. She pulled me up and smiled over at Klaus. "I should have known," I said looking from Klaus to Katherine. "You would never attack someone worthless to me, so what do you want?" 

"Just some time alone, just you and me." She smiled over at me before looking at Klaus. "You did good, now see it wasn't that hard." She smirked. She looked at me, "I honestly don't know what he sees in you." I raised an eyebrow, before looking over at Klaus. 

He avoided my gaze before looking with a cold gaze at Katherine. "Oh, no." She said before laughing once, "You didn't know? He never told you?" She snorted slightly, holding back another outburst. "Why did you think he wasn't caught up on Caroline anymore? Honestly, you people are absolutely stupid."   

"Well, Little Gilbert, do you feel for Klaus?" She asked in a sarcastic, smart-ass voice. "You're strong hero? The one that turned you over..to me." She smiled. I gazed at him, as he gazed up from the ground at me.

"No." I replied in a cold, harsh voice. He straightened up and cleared his throat before gazing at Katherine. "Well, if you'll excuse me, I have business to attend. Oh, and Klaus, remember to keep your mouth shut or I'll kill you and everyone else in Mystic falls." She smiled kindly, anyone who didn't know who would think she was sweet.

She turned, dragging me along with her as we walked out of sight of the car and towards a large cabin that stood in the shadows.

-------------------------------

                                                                   One Week later

Damon's P.O.V.-

"So, what is our plan?" Elena asked worried as she paced back and fourth. "Well, you making scuff marks on our floor wont help." I replied before sitting on my spot on the couch. "There's no known spell to get her, her soul back. She has to want it back, and she has to choose to take it back." Stefan said, leaning against the living room wall. 

"Thanks, downer.' I gazed back at him, He frowned at me. "You give us so much hope." I added with a smile. "I liked it better when you weren't talking to me." Stefan said harshly. I rolled my eyes, "Still stuck on that?"

"You didn't talk to me for a week." 

"A week and one day." I said with a raised eyebrow. He frowned even harder. "And you slept with Loralie." I said before gazing at the fireplace. "Still, not talking to me for a week was immature." 

"You're lucky I didn't rip your spleen out." I said lifting my cup to my mouth.

"Okay, that's enough you two." Caroline interrupted. "She's right, we need to find Loralie." Bonnie said.  "Has everyone forgotten the easiest way out of this situation?" Stefan asked. "Yeah, moving on." I mumbled.

"No," He scolded, "Asking Klaus." He said coldly.

"You two are pathetic." Elena said with narrowed eyes. "You," She said gazing at Stefan, "Great idea, but he hasn't been seen since that night, and you," She looked down at me, "Can you honestly say you could just forget Loralie like that?" She asked. I gazed at her, before looking down at my cup, trying to ignore her.

"That's what I thought, not let's focus on Loralie."