Chapter 15; The Source.

Loralie's P.O.V.-

Unsure how to react, I just stared up at Stefan as he sipped his coffee for the morning. How does one act when they wake up from coma? Do I act like it never happened, or do I complain? 

I decided on making small talk about it.

With an idea in mind, I smiled and pulled my cup from my lips.

"So, my kead is hilling me." 

He slowly pulled the cup from his lips and gazed down at me, with a blank look. I stared forward without looking at him, and slowly frowned before putting my cup back on my lips, ignoring the awkward thumping in my head. I had never been so bad at small talk to the point where I mixed my letters up..

I placed my cup down and stood up, before going to walk out of the kitchen. If he wants to be mean then fine, I'll be mean too.

Without warning, my knees gave up, and I fell forward. He was at my side instantly, grabbing me by the elbows and holding me up. I yelped in shock before he shushed me and stood me back up. 

"You alright?" He asked. "Yeah, My knees just gave out." I said quickly, turning and making my way towards the front door. I was supposed to meet Caroline for brunch. As I grabbed the doorknob, I reached up and coughed into my hand, feeling a warm liquid hit my palm. I pulled my hand back and looked at it.

Blood. 

I heard him move silently behind me and place a hand on my shoulder.

"Loralie, what happened?" He asked. I slowly shrugged his hand off, "Nothing." I said coldly, opening the door and walking onto the porch. "Just an after effect I guess." I said slowly walking off the porch. "You just coughed up blood, Loralie." I heard him mumbled.

I took a few steps forward, before A sudden urge came over me to cough. I placed a hand on my chest and coughed into my other hand, the pain it sent through my chest caused my eyes to water as I pulled my hand away to see my palm dripping blood. My mouth dropped open, and my eyes got wide as I stumbled forward slightly.

Dropping to my knees, I heard him call my name out and I felt his hand on my shoulder. "Get..Bonnie." I managed to choke out, trying my best not to cough.

Stefan's P.O.V.-

I slid my hands into my pockets as Bonnie paced back and fourth. "Where is she now?" She asked, rubbing her neck. "In her bedroom, she wanted to be alone." I replied quietly.

"She's coughing up blood, for no reason?" She asked. "No, there's a reason. We just don't know it. It has to do with the coma." I said standing up straighter as she walked past the couch where Caroline now sat. 

"Maybe it has something to do with her brain not being used to being so active." Caroline suggested. "No, it has to be deeper than that." Bonnie replied.

Loralie's P.O.V.-

I sat at the edge of my bed with my robe wrapped around my body. My wet hair stuck to my back as I stared out my window. I was deep in thought when the ringing of my phone broke the silence. I looked over at the cellular on my bed-side table before reaching over and grabbing it. I clicked answer and held it up to my ear. 

"Hello?"

"Nice to see you're awake."

I'd know that voice anywhere..

Klaus.

"Klaus..?" My face went blank as I swallowed hard, "What do you want?" I asked coldly.

"Snappy, now are we? Just checking in, You see, I've got a few questions, love."

"Like?" I asked blankly.

"Have you been showing any symptoms, oh I don't know, like dizziness, weakness, or coughing up blood?" 

My face went white as I swallowed again. 

"What did you do to me?" I asked, my voice cracking.

"That's a secret, Love." 

The phone dropped from my hands as I felt a sharp pain shoot up my back, I fell forward onto my hands as I coughed up more blood.

I rolled over onto my back, as I heard my bedroom door open. "Loralie!?" Caroline's scared voice caught my attention. "Klaus.." I mumbled before blacking out.

Stefan's P.O.V.-

"It was Klaus." I said as Bonnie pushed the hair out of Loralie's face as she lay asleep on the couch on Bonnie's lap.

"It must have been the powder he used to drug her." Caroline said. "So, he probably has a cure." Bonnie said with a smile. "But he wont give it to us!" Caroline said. I stopped pacing, and eyed her. "To us.." I mumbled. "But if he's going to give it to anyone, it would be you." I said smiling.

She raised an eyebrow, "No, no no no." She shook her head. "He used to like me, He seems to be interested in something else, he hasn't even talked to me in months." She said shrugging. "Well,..I have an idea." Bonnie said quietly. "It's the only idea we have left..."

"What is it?" Caroline asked. Bonnie looked down at Loralie, "Beg for mercy."

Loralie's P.O.V.-

"Well, this is conventient." my eyes slowly began to open as a voice woke me up. Confused, I looked around slowly, the lights stinging my eyes. I looked over towards the source of the voice,

Klaus..

He stood a few feet away from me in his normal shirt and jacket with jeans. He was holding a note, His eyes flickered over to me and he smiled. "Welcome back, Love." He said looking back down at the note before tossing it onto the table.

That's when I realized I was laying on his couch.

"Seems as though your friends snuck you into my house, and left a note along with your life-less body asking for a cure for what I've given you." He said eyeing me. "How inconvenient." He added clasping his hands together.

"They're..dumb." I mumbled weakly. He laughed once and nodded, "Indeed."

"I mean, who would..actually think you would..do something nice like..like that." I said weakly. His smile faded, 

 "You are not a very good house guest, you know." He mumbled with a hard glare. "Sorry, I forgot you were supposed..to be nice to people who..are killing you." I replied. He shook his head, "Nothing personal, strictly business." 

I laughed but it turned into a cough. "Business?, what a..horrible job." I mumbled. He narrowed his eyes and sat on the table in front of the couch.

"You have around a day left to live, Love." He said coldly. "Enjoy it while you can." He stood up and walked out of the room leaving me alone.

"It's hard to enjoy it while I'm stuck on this damn couch!"  I yelled before slowly letting my heavy eye lids close once more.