Chapter 32; Lost call

Loralie's P.O.V.-

I hunched my back up, letting another scream out, that turned into a growl as My canines slowly grew. "Oh my god," Elena's exhausted voice was barely audible, "Holy..." I sighed laying my head back down. "Okay, I'm not an expert but I think it's only one more push,.." She said with a soft nod of reassurance.

I looked up at her through my sweat-covered hair that stuck to my face before nodding back. "Right, no big deal. I'm just trying to squeeze an eighteen wheeler into a compact fucking parking spot!" My voice grew with each word.

Elena's smile faded as she began to breathe heavily, "I'm sorry...I love you." I said quickly with a sad smile. She sighed, "I love you to-"

Another scream interrupted her as she began to freak out, "Oh gosh, keep pushing! Yes, just keep doing it!" My scream turned into a snarl as my eyes glew brightly. Finally a weight lifted off of my shoulders as my head fell back to the table.

Elena slowly took a step back, her hands bloody, which I tried to ignore as I focused on the cieling, which at the moment was a bit more interesting than my destroyed body and self-esteem. Elena's smile grew wide as she gazed down at the small figure in her hands. A baby..

My baby. She laughed slightly, "Oh my gosh,..you had a baby.." She said in disbelief. "What?" I asked in shock. "Did you forget the past 30 minutes!?" My voice was weak as I spoke.

The small baby's arms flailed around as it gazed up at Elena. "Are you-"

"No," I replied without letting her finish, "Just give me a few more seconds to heal up." Elena sat in silence for around six seconds before I slowly sat up, sliding my legs off of the table and standing up. "There,..good as new." I said in a sarcastic tone. She laughed once before pushing the small baby that was now wrapped up in her jacket towards me.

I looked up at my exhausted sister who smiled down at me, before slowly holding my arms out. As soon as the baby's small body laid in my arms, I smiled, pulling it close to my body. Elena smiled at me, 'It's a boy.." She said slowly. I looked up at her, the baby was sleeping quietly already. "Did you see it's eyes..?" I asked softly. She waited a moment, before slowly nodding. 

"Whose is it..?" I asked quietly, hoping not to wake it up, She slowly made a face, an odd one, but I understood. Slowly, my smile faded as I looked down at the small child in my arms. My small child, my son. My expression was different, the happiness gone from it that was there just seconds before.

"How do we get home?"

"Well,...I'll go ahead, and find Bonnie and tell her to release Damon and Stefan.."

I nodded softly, "Be careful, and I'll tell them how to find you." She said before disappearing. My smile faded as I slowly looked around, realizing I still had no pants on. I spotted them on a nearby chair before placing the child on a larger chair beside it before slipping them back on. I lifted my son back up, before turning and walking out of the cabin, finally breathing fresh air. I had to hurry before Katherine woke back up.

Damon's P.O.V.-

"What do we do?" Stefan's frown was large as he asked the depressing question. "I don't know, stefan." I stressed, "What am I, Ghandi?" 

"We need to find something to do.." 

"Like what, genius?"

"There is one thing.." He said looking over at me as I paced back and fourth in front of the living room. "What?" I asked quickly, freezing in mid step. "There's no cure," He began, "And she's going to die a slow, painful death if we can't find a way to fix it."