Chapter 3;Confession.

Loralie's P.O.V.-

I took a quick shower, trying to wash away the feeling of death. Being alive didn't mean I didn't feel dead. I died,...so I had every right to feel, well, dead.

As I dried my hair and finished getting ready, I heard a soft knock on my door. "Come in." I mumbled brushing my hair in the mirror. "It's just Me." I smiled at the soft voice, Caroline. "How can I help you?" I asked walking out of the bathroom. "Just checking up on you. Are you almost ready?" She asked, falling heavily onto my bed. 

"Yeah, I just need to find my purse." I said glancing around, remembering where I put it last. "So, just wondering, but, what was up with you and Stefan's deep stare this morning?" She asked. I looked up at her quickly. With a sigh, I shrugged and let my hands fall heavily to my sides. "I don't know, I mean we've always stared like that, it's weird. It's like,..Honestly?" I asked raising an eyebrow and sitting beside her.

She nodded, "Well," I began, "To be honest, it was him, I had feelings for first, well, not feelings. Just,..I liked him. I found him interesting. Then, Damon came along, and I fell for him, but..It's like, something about Stefan. It's always been there, I want nothing to do with Stefan in that way, but i feel like, I have to..does that make any sense?" 

"Oh gosh," Caroline said frowning. "Don't tell me you're going to do what Elena and Katherine did." She said eyeing me. "I'm sorry, Katherine? The one Damon loved?" I asked raising an eyebrow. She laughed once, "He never told you. Wow, well, It wasn't just Damon that 'loved' her. Stefan did too, and they fought over her, it nearly split them apart." I raised an eyebrow, "Wow" I mumbled. 

"Yeah, it's messed up. But, she disappeared, then along came Elena. She was the whole reason Stefan moved here, because she's-"

"Like, Katherine in present time, yeah." I finished for her. "Yeah well, Damon followed along, both fell for her, and now you're here, and Damon's...just..well, Damon. Only with you, You took his mind off of Elena." 

I sighed, "No, I would never do that to Damon. I may feel like I have to like Stefan, but I am in love with Damon, and nothing will ever change that." I reassured her. And myself, I suppose.

"Good, because honestly, Damon looks happier than he's ever been with you." She said standing up. "Wait," I stopped her as she headed for the door. "My purse.." I said as she looked back at me. "Oh., I have it. I just wanted you to spill your guts." She said with a smile, holding out the familiar hand bag. I frowned and stood up, snatching it from her hands before heading out of the door.

Damon's P.O.V.-

"Damon, is it just me or does Loralie look, different?" Stefan asked walking into the living room, and leaning up against the wall. I looked up from my cup of bourbon, and frowned. "She looks like Loralie, why?" I asked shuffling myself a bit. "Well, it's just that, she looks tired, weaker." Stefan said eyeing me.

"Why the sudden interest in how she looks?" I asked smirking. Stefan narrowed his eyes and cocked his head slightly, "I care about her, Damon. She's a friend." 

"Right, A Friend." I said smiling. "What are you getting at, Damon?" He asked standing up straight. I set my cup down and stood up from the couch, "Just reassuring myself." I said smiling still. 

"You think,.." He began throwing me a half smile. "You think me and Loralie are doing something,..behind your back right?" He laughed once and shook his head. "What's wrong Damon? Do you see me as a threat?" He asked leaning back against the wall. 

I narrowed my eyes but kept my smirk. "Of course not, little brother. Elena did want me more than you, after all." I said cocking my head slightly. "If anyone should feel threatened, it should be you." I finished.

"Elena? So, you're setting your sights on her now?" Stefan smiled, "That's just dandy, brother. Maybe I will finally be able to make Loralie happy, like she deserves to be."

Stefan's P.O.V.-

"Elena? So, you're setting your sights on her now?" I asked raising my head slightly and smiling. "That's just dandy, brother. Maybe I will finally be able to make Loralie happy, like she deserves to be." I said smirking. 

He was centimeters away from me instantly. His smile was gone, and his eyes were cold and hard. "Don't think I'm afraid to rip your heart out brother. I'm the cold, heartless brother, right?" He said raising an eyebrow and smirking again.  

I stood up tall and hardened my own look. "And I'm the sweet, sensitive one, who do you think Loralie would be happier with?" I asked raising an eyebrow. "So, you caught me." I said with a blank expression.

"I have feelings for Loralie, but what do you plan on doing about it? She's in love with you anyways, even if I wanted to split you two apart, I couldn't. Elena broke up with me, I have feelings for her, the only thing keeping me from getting her is the fact that you're my brother." I said shaking my head.

"That hasn't stopped you before." He said hardening his look. "Don't touch her, brother. If you know what's good for you." He said, before walking around me and bumping shoulders with me.