Chapter 19;I've missed this town.

Loralie's P.O.V.-

The warm breeze pressed against my skin as I disappeared down the street, finally reaching the house. I stopped a few yards away, leaning my back against a tree and trying to calm my breathing. "Why does this stuff always seem to happen to m-" I mumbled, but it was interrupted as my eyes stopped at the front door.

It was open, exposing the inside and the living room. 

Bonnie, Caroline, Stefan, and Elena standing up with angry, yet scared expressions. Slowly, I lifted my head from the tree and stood up straighter, looking closer at the figure whose back was to me as he stepped inside the house.

I took a step forward, looking for any answer to what was going on. Finally, my eyes fell on Stefan as he looked warily at Bonnie before looking back at the figure. 

Closing my eyes, I listened carefully, hearing his faint voice.

",..don't."

My eyes shot open, just as the figure lunged forward. I launched myself towards the door, matching his speed and instantly appearing between him and Bonnie. My back was to Bonnie as I bared my fangs, and let my eyes glow slightly. 

He froze, letting his fangs disappear as his eyes slid from Bonnie to me. 

"Loralie," He said, in the same soft voice he used to. "Damon.." I mumbled, letting my own fangs disappear as my expression went blank.

Damon's P.O.V.-

"...Don't." I didn't look away from the little witch, as I ignored Stefan's sad attempt to reason with me. I lunged forward, ready to end this mess, when something blocked my path quickly.

She appeared out of nowhere, fangs bared as she defended Bonnie. "Loralie," My voice was shocked and confused.

"Damon.." She mumbled slowly calming down. 

I couldn't believe it, She's alive, and..

Without warning, her fist reared back, as she shoved it forward, ramming it into my jaw.

The strength of the hit knocked me sideway and onto the floor. I caught myself with my hands, spitting out a stream of blood before looking back up at her, "You punched me.." I said in a shocked voice.

Softly, I placed a hand on my jaw, before moving it to test the pain.

Stefan's P.O.V.-

"I put her to bed." I said as I hopped off of the last step on the stairs, before walking into the livingroom where Damon sat on the couch rubbing his jaw.

"I would have loved to say goodnight, but then the little brat struck me." He said before running a hand through his hair. "Welcome back." I said before sitting in the chair across from him

. He looked up at me silently, before looking at the fireplace.

"Why did you come back?" I asked, breaking the silence as I reached for the bottle of bourbon. He sighed before raising an eyebrow,

"Bonnie,..I called her and asked how she was. She told me she was..dieing," I paused and looked from my cup to him, "And that the baby was.."
"Dead." I finished for him. He nodded slowly.

"She was dieing," I added. "Klaus?" He asked. I nodded before finishing pouring my cup and placing the bottle down. "She must have gotten him to give her the cure." I said talking a sip of the bourbon.

"Does that mean,"

"Yeah, she's fine, but.."

"Oh come on, but what?" He asked in an aggrivated tone. "What else could possibly go wrong?"

"The baby, isnt'.." I slowly faded off and raised an eyebrow to give him the clue. His eyes got wide with understanding as he bit his lip and looked down. "Right." 

He stood up and slowly walked towards the door, "Where are you going?" I asked. "Oh you know, just to cause the normal chaos and death I always do," He stopped at the doorway and sighed as he stared out into the darkness. "Damn, I've missed this town."

Loralie's P.O.V.-

"Are you sure you're okay?" I sighed and rolled my eyes. "Bonnie, I'm sure, you're the one that should be upset."

"He's your lover,"

"He tried to kill you."

I looked away and sighed, "Hey wait, he is not my lover!" I said defensively before giving her a disgusted look. "After what happened? Right.."

She sighed. "You don't love him?" She asked. "No I-"

"So you do love him?" She interrupted. "Yeah, but-"

She raised an eyebrow, "He just doesn't love me, or he wouldn't have left." 

"Maybe, he left.."

She slowly looked up at me with a soft smile.

"Because he loves you." With that, she stood up and left me in the room alone. With a sigh, I stood up and walked over to the window overlooking the front yard before leaning out into the night air. 

Slowly, I looked down at the person walking across the yard. He slowed to a stop and turned looking up at me.

Damon,

He slowly looked down before turning and continuing towards the forest. 

With a shake of my head, I rolled my eyes, "Dick." I mumbled.

As he kept walking, a small smirk crossed his face as he disappeared into the darkness.