Chapter 29;Night.

Loralie's P.O.V. -

It had been a few weeks since I last saw Katherine, and by now I was comfortable. Not with everything, but with most of my life. For instance, I refused to be in the same room as Damon. Why? Because I had the stomach of a bloated miniature pony. Well,..okay I'm over exagerating but still. I was fat, and Was due anytime now. I hadn't seen damon in 7 days

For the past week I had been staying at Caroline's. Bonnie spent the night most of the time too, and so did Elena. 

"Loralie,"

"Hmm?"

"Stop staring at yourself and come on." Elena rushed me, before sending me a soft smile and leaving the room. I looked back at the large mirror that sat against Caroline's wall, I had been staring at my large stomach in it for a while now. I quickly sighed before reaching over and grabbing my phone before following after Elena.

"So..you and Damon.." Elena said as we walked down the stairs together. "Oh..You heard." I replied softly, "How could I not," She laughed, "He wont stop complaining and doing that thing where he hides his pain with sarcasm." She added. "Why are you avoiding him?" I opened the front door and walked out to the lawn as Elena followed. "I'm not I just.."

I turned and let my arms fall to my sides in defeat, "I look like I ate a bowling ball." I said with a frown. "And if he sees me like this he'll think the same thing.."

Elena rolled her eyes and smiled, "Loralie, he's seen you when you woke up. You can't get much worse." She walked by me and towards the car. My mouth dropped open as I stared at her before turning and following

"You look just as bad as I do!" I said defensively. "Yeah, but I don't have a boyfriend." She replied, hopping into the driver's side. I pulled open the passenger side door and scooted in.

"You are a horrible person.." I replied staring at the windshield as we pulled away from the house. "But the best sister." She added. 

We drove for about 2 hours before we pulled up to the cabin that Caroline and Bonnie told us to meet them at. I stared at it with wide eyes, "Uhm,..this can't be right." I said with an open mouth, "These are the directions I got..they said it was supposed to be a surprise baby shower.." Elena looked over at me. 

"This doesn't smell right." I replied. She raised an eyebrow, "Not literally, It smells fine, It doesn't feel right." I said. She nodded, "Let me see the phone." I said before grabbing it from her. "Who texted you?" I asked. "Bonnie.."

I looked up at her with a nervous look before whispering, "Bonnie hasn't been able to find her phone for 3 days now." Elena's eyes grew wide as she quickly put the car in reverse and hit the gas. As we sped backwards, something appeared in the rearview mirror, and Elena hit the brake. We slammed to a stop, and the person was gone.

"What the-" She couldn't even finish her sentence before the driver's side door was yanked open and Elena was pulled out by her hair. 

"Elena!" I yelled shoving my own door open and hopping out just in time to see the familiar person rip Elena's head to the side, breaking her neck and letting her drop to the ground. My mouth dropped open as the girl turned to face me, a smirk on her face.

"Katherine.."

"Hello, little Gilbert." She smiled, stepping over Elena's body to walk towards me. "I remember specifically telling you I'd come the day the baby was born.." She said with a confused look, "I believe you're due any day now," She smiled. A low growl escaped my throat as my eyes began to glow slightly, "Now now, no need to get spicey. I don't want you,..or your little damon." She smiled, "I want the child."

"I'm sorry that I can have a family and you can't, but the child is mine, the father is mine, and this family, is mine." I said. "Family? Please tell me you're joking. Damon doesn't want you, or the baby. It's nice to think that though.."

She said walking around me. I eyed her as she walked, "Now, enough talk." She said, lunging forward. I grabbed her, turning around and pinning her against the car. "Not this time." I hissed. She eyed me with an angry expression,

"I'm afraid I still win." She said. My expression grew confused as she reached up, shoving my arm up, before twirling me around and grabbing my head. 

"Night." She said before twisting my head around and letting me fall to the ground.