Chapter 18;Welcome Back!

Loralie's P.O.V.-

"Yeah, I'll be home around 10.." My voice sliced through the silence of the house as I spoke into the phone, while also slipping my jacket on over my bloodstained shirt. 

"Okay, I still can't believe you're okay,..Just..be careful." Caroline's worried voice replied. I slowly gazed up from jacket to Klaus as he stared at me from the table where he still sat. "I will." I replied softly.

Slowly, I lowered the phone and hit end before slipping it into my pocket. 

Awkwardly, I looked towards the floor and sighed before slipping my hands into my pockets. Without a word, I turned to the front door and reached for the knob. Without warning, he moved quickly, immediately standing infront of me and opening the door for me before stepping to the side. 

I looked up at him before letting my hand fall back to my side. "Thank you.." I said quietly, letting the words burn my throat. Without waiting for an answer, I turned walking off the porch and into the darkness.

Stefan's P.O.V.-

"You do realize you are going to need to tell her the truth..?" I said sitting myself back onto the couch as Bonnie and Caroline waited for the door to open and Loralie to enter. "I know.." Bonnie said shamefully,

"But If I had told her then, she would have freaked, besides..I'm sure she wont drink human blood anytime soon." She added with an un-sure shrug. 

Caroline threw her a 'as if ' before looking back towards the door. "Maybe.." Bonnie mumbled off to herself. 

"I'm still curious as to how she got Klaus to save her,.." I said clasping my hands together. "She probably pulled that 'I can forgive you' thing, She's smart." Caroline said without removing her eyes from the door. "And stubborn." Bonnie added. "Exactly," I said, "They should have killed one another."

"Honestly," Caroline said finally turning to look at us. "Loralie, is a fighter, she wouldn't have let him bother her." She said coldly, Which was Caroline's secret way of saying the conversation was over.

Loralie's P.O.V.-

Why did I walk down the street instead of just zooming, or whatever you want to refer it to, back to the house? I don't know, I like the night, always have. It's peaceful, and since summer was close, it was cool with a warm breeze.

The road was surrounded by forest, so I expected a few rustling leaves, but I couldn't shake the odd smell that kept following me, perfume of some kind. 

As I quietly began to sort through the types it could be in my mind, I heard the soft footsteps of someone. They were either a female, or a very small male, and by the smell, they were the source of the perfume. They were a few yards behind me in the woods. 

Silently, I kept walking. Listening as they followed behind me, slowly getting closer with each step. 

Suddenly, the rustling stopped.

They were on the road.

With a quick movement, I turned and moved forward, instantly inches from the face of..

Elena,

I narrowed my eyes, "Elena? What the hell." I said with a hiss, "You scared the hell out of me. Why are you sneaking up on me, You are aware you can just approach me."

"Oh of course, I am aware, sister." She replied with a smile. I narrowed my eyes more, "Yeah,..well, I guess we can head home now." I said turning, instantly she was blocking my path. "What the hell, El-"

"Shut up, you little brat."

I scrunched up my eyebrows, Letting my mouth drop open slightly. "Excuse me?" I asked with a threatening tone.

"I said shut up." She replied with wide, giddy eyes.

This wasn't right..this wasn't Elena...

Posession maybe..?

"Who the hell are you?" I asked coldly.

"Do forgive me, we've never met. The name's.." A sly smile crossed her lips.

"Katherine." She purred.

"I'm sorry, we've never met before."

Before I could open my mouth, she had me on my back on the road, pinning me down. "This is going to hurt, just a little." She said with a smile, exposing her fangs, 

Without warning, I raised my fist, slamming it against her face. As her head reared back, I disappeared from under her, appearing behind her and grabbing her head with my hands. 

In one quick motion, I snapped her neck, letting her drop to the cold pavement. 

Staring down at her, I mumbled, "Not the best attack move, but effecient." before turning and taking off towards the house.

Bonnie's P.O.V.-

"It's like..12, she should be home by now." Caroline said softly. Suddenly the doorknob turned and everyone shot to their feet. The door swung open slowly and hit the wall before we could see the person on the other side. 

They stepped over the door edge and into the hall before looking from Stefan, to Caroline, then finally at me. 

Their eyes were filled with anger, and sorrow as they raised their lips to expose sharp fangs. My mouth dropped open,

"..Damon" I mumbled in fear.

"Long time no see, Bonnie." He replied.