Chapter 20; Wanna do me a favor?

Stefan's P.O.V.-

"I'm not asking for much, I just want you to go back to school." I said as I attempted to persuade a stubborn Loralie to return to a normal life. She threw me a warning glare before beginning to tap her fingers on the hard wooden table. I lifted the hot cup of coffee to my lips before sighing. "Fine." She responded blankly. 

With a shocked expression, I looked up from my cup to her. "Really?" I asked. "Yeah," She reassured me with a shrug of her shoulders. "It's one of the few normal things left in my life right now, might as well enjoy it while I can."

She gazed up from her cup to stare at me. "Do you ever miss being human?" She asked, breaking the silence I now wish was still here. With a soft look, I gazed down at her. "Sometimes, but then I remember how many things I've done, things I regret. And I know that if I was human, my guilt would be unbearable, so it's really not an option anymore."

I lifted my cup up to my lips before mumbling ,"Not that it was before." She nodded and looked down, "I mean, sometimes I wonder that if I was still human, where I would be right now." She responded with a soft voice.

"Probably at home playing a boring game with Elena, but now you get to hang with the cool kids." The voice caught us both off gaurd as Damon entered the room with a famous Damon smart-ass comment.

"And that's my cue, I'll be outside if you need me." She said standing up and setting her cup down, before walking out of the kitchen. 

Damon watched her leave before scoffing in a semi-hurt way. "You really pissed her off." I said raising my eyebrows. "I am well aware," He said sitting down at the table and throwing his feet onto it. "You aren't going to fix it?" I asked setting my own cup down. "What's there to fix?" He asked staring up at me in a confused way.

"She left me, and I was oh so heart-broken." He said gazing up at me with a sarcastic expression. "You haven't tried talking to her." I said with a shrug. 

He slipped his phone out of his pocket and gazed at it, "Yeah, not in the mood to be rejected, hold on." He said placing the phone against his ear. "Yeah?" He said before going quiet and listening.

"Really? That's some juicy information." He said gazing up at me with raised eyebrows. "Yeah, I didn't hear it from you." He quickly hung the phone up,

"Oh Loralie!", He called out loudly, "Bonnie just told me something.", he said as he slipped the phone into his pocket before standing up and heading for the door.

"Remind me never to trust you." I said before following after him.

Loralie's P.O.V.-

"What is it now..?" I sighed before leaning off of the wall and standing up straight. I turned to face Damon as he stepped out of the open door and into the warm spring air. "Why didn't you tell us Katherine attacked you the other night.?" He asked.

"Wow, no warm up just right to the question?" I laughed once, "You just got back and once again you're already interrogating me." 

"Cut the sarcastic remarks because I've got places to be." 

"Well, I'd hate to hold you back." I responded with a blank expression. "Loralie, why didn't you say anything?" Stefan asked stepping out behind Damon. I let my guard down and sighed, "She just came out of nowhere, she didn't tell me why she did it, so I didn't think it was important." I replied.

"Well, it was, you brain-dead brat. Katherine's in town, and you forget to tell us she attacked you? How dumb could you be."

"Damon," Stefan warned. My eyes grew warmer as they began to glow. I took a step towards him. "This is my life, just because you got me turned into a damned, blood-sucking monster, doesn't mean you run it. Back off. You know what, I'm so sick of this place."

I looked up and around me at the forest and house, with a shrug I looked back at him, "I can see why you left. I can honestly say I wish I never drove that day, because my car wouldn't have broke down..and I never would have met you." With that, I turned and disappeared.

Damon's P.O.V.-

 "I can see why you left. I can honestly say I wish I never drove that day, because my car wouldn't have broke down..and I never would have met you." She turned and was gone, her expression was hurt, yet anger. I stayed silent just staring at the place she stood a few moments before. 

"Told you i'd get rejected." I said before turning and walking back into the house. I slammed the door behind me and walked past Caroline, who sayed the night to watch over Loralie. "What just happened?" She asked softly. I made my way up the stairs as i answered, "I need to work on my people skills."

Loralie's P.O.V.-

"Answer." I mumbled, before raising my hand and knocking again. Finally, the door cracked open before he stood in the doorway. 

"This is a surprise," Klaus said with a smile. "Do you remember when I forgave you the other night..?" I asked. He narrowed his eyes slightly, "Indeed I do." He replied. "Well, I was thinking maybe you could do me a favor in return?" He smirked slightly, "I fed you my own blood, that wasn't enough?" He asked. "That doesn't count." I replied.

He smiled, but I stayed silent but threw him a desperate look. 

"Do come in, I believe we have business to discuss." He said stepping to the side.

After I sat down on the couch, which was a bit odd, seeing as how I was dieing on it just a day before, Klaus sat across from me, and clasped his hands together. "Let's talk." He said.

"I can't handle it. The pain, the anger, the feelings. I want them gone." He raised an eyebrow, "You do it, you go years without feeling a thing, how?" 

He sighed, "practice, Love. But..I think I have what you need." He smirked again and stood up. 

--------

"What is that..?" I whispered eyeing the odd woman as she shuffled through the hallway and into living room. " 'That' is the same witch that cursed your necklace before, love. You should recognize her."

"I tried to forget." I mumbled as she approached me with outstretched hands. She grabbed my face, and examined me. "Interesting, she need a curse lifted?"

"No," Klaus said stepping forward and leaning down to whisper into the woman's ear. "Ahh," She mumbled. "I see,"

"See what?" I asked as she placed a hand on my chest, "I wanna see too." I said,

"Yes, she is very weak,"

"Am not." I said with narrowed eyes. "It'll be easy." She said with a smile. "What will?" I asked as she pulled out a small vile and rubbed an odd substance onto her hands. "Just be calm, love." Klause said softly as the woman placed her hands on my chest. 

She began to mumbled words, another language, I didn't understand them, but after a few seconds, everything got blurry as I began to hiss in pain. Slowly, light filled the room as Klaus's smile grew. I tried to fight, to move, but I stayed completely still, I was glued in place as she did whatever she was doing. It felt like she was pulling my heart out of my chest.

Everything grew black as I slowly faded away into the familiar darkness I couldn't seem to avoid.