Chapter 4;Butt Dialing.

Loralie's P.O.V.-

"So, no interest in Stefan?" Caroline asked breaking the silence as we walked down the long aisle of clothing. I sighed and shrugged, "Not really. I mean, I can't say I don't find him attractive. I just, I'm in love W-"

"With Damon, I know." Caroline laughed once. "But it's like, something,..everything is urging me to go to Stefan. Damon keeps messing up, Stefan always comforts me, Stefan saves my life a lot, not that Damon doesn't, Damon and me just click, and me and Stefan are complete opposites. Damon and me are both,.."

"Sharp, Sarcastic, rude, brave, and most of the time, in over your head?" Caroline suggested. I eyed her, but slowly nodded, "And it's like, me and Stefan are different. So, every second with him is like an adventure, but me and Damon clash when together. Because we are so alike, and that only drives us closer, but me and Stefan are like,.."

"Perfect." 

"Stop doing that." I said eyeing her. "I can finish my own sentences." I said with a smile. She smirked, "Just saying." She said holding her hands up.

"Anyways, I'm not doing this. I love Damon, and It's going to stay that way. I'm not pulling a Katherine on them." I said shaking my head. Caroline giggled to herself but eyed the rows of clothing. 

"There's a party that's going to be a party at Tyler's House in a few days. Are you coming? No parents allowed." Caroline winked. I raised an eyebrow, "Nah, I'll just stay home." She raised an eyebrow. "Really? Since when does Loralie pass up a party, a ball, I understand, but a party?" She sighed and shrugged. "Fine."

"Do you smell that?" I asked stopping in my tracks. She turned to eye me, Her expression showed concern and worry as she grabbed me by the shoulders. "Loralie!" She whispered harshly. I looked around the store frantically. 

"Little Gilbert!" She whispered even harsher. My gaze flickered to her, She bared her teeth and pointed frantically to them. Quickly, I lifted my tongue and ran it over my teeth. I felt a sharp prick and quickly snapped out of it. My fangs were out. I let them disappear. Caroline looked around nervously but slowly stood up straight. 

"Sorry, it's been a while since I've had an actual human. So, I guess it's just hard to ignore the smell. Especially when it's that strong." I said sniffing the air silently.

"You're acting odd, it was never strong for me, It was just harder to ignore the fact people were around me." She said eyeing me with a suspicious look. "Well, if anything's happening it's not my fault." I said holding my hands up in surrender.

I paused and reached into my pocket before sliding my phone out, it was a call from Damon.

I clicked answer and held it up to my ear. "Hey." I said and listened. First, it was just silence.

"Damon, is it just me or does Loralie look, different?"

"She looks like Loralie, why?"

"Well, it's just that, she looks tired, weaker.

"Why the sudden interest in how she looks?"

"I care about her, Damon. She's a friend." 

"Right, A Friend."

"What are you getting at, Damon?"

"Just reassuring myself." 

"You think,..You think me and Loralie are doing something,..behind your back right? What's wrong Damon? Do you see me as a threat?"

"Of course not, little brother. Elena did want me more than you, after all. If anyone should feel threatened, it should be you."

"Elena? So, you're setting your sights on her now? That's just dandy, brother. Maybe I will finally be able to make Loralie happy, like she deserves to be."

"Don't think I'm afraid to rip your heart out brother. I'm the cold, heartless brother, right?"

"And I'm the sweet, sensitive one, who do you think Loralie would be happier with?" So, you caught me. I have feelings for Loralie, but what do you plan on doing about it? She's in love with you anyways, even if I wanted to split you two apart, I couldn't. Elena broke up with me, I have feelings for her, the only thing keeping me from getting her is the fact that you're my brother."

"That hasn't stopped you before. Don't touch her, brother. If you know what's good for you."

I felt the phone being tugged from my ear and I looked up from the spot on the floor I had been staring at. Caroling stared into my eyes, "What happened?" She asked, snatching the phone and hitting end. "You're crying." She said wiping a tear from my cheek. "What?" Wow, I'm being emotional..Uhm, Damon just butt dialed I assume."

"Let me guess, you heard something you shouldn't have?" Caroline offered. I looked up slowly, and nodded.

Stefan's P.O.V.-

Why the sudden interest in Loralie, you might ask. Well, it's not an interest. I've always found her a very well made girl, not to mention her attitude is rare. She catches my eye, always has. My love for Elena clouded the way I saw it. Now that Elena was done with me, she had moved on, and I had to also. No, I don't plan on going after Loralie, but the fact that my brother can't drop the past makes me mad enough to threaten.

I let Damon walk away, before turned and watching the front door slam shut. Where had he gone? All I know, is that He didn't deserve her. Hell, she was beautiful. No one in Mystic Falls deserved her.

Loralie's P.O.V.-

It was around 11 when me and Caroline got home. She went back to her place, and I walked into the living room slowly. Damon smiled up from his glass of bourbon. I just stared down at him. He threw me an odd look., "What's wrong?"

"Oh nothing, If anything should be wrong with someone it should be Stefan, because Elena did choose you over him, so he should be the worried one, right?" I asked raising an eyebrow. His eyes grew concered and he slowly set his glass down before standing up. "You shouldn't put your phone in your back pocket." I said shaking my head. He looked down at the floor, he looked like he had given up. He knew he didn't have an excuse.

He didn't try to explain. "I'm sorry." He said. "Don't." I said shaking my head, "I just died for you, and you say that..Well, do you love her?" I asked raising an eyebrow, He stayed quiet. "Damon." I urged on.

"I never stopped. "He said quietly. I let my mouth drop open, "But I wish you would give me a chance to explain," He said looking up at me, "And I wish I had a boyfriend." I said quickly, His expression showed me he was caught off guard. 

I turned and began walking towards the stairs, I Froze and looked up at the edge of the stairs, where Stefan stood. He had his hands slid in his pocket and a concerned look on his face. I looked down and walked past him quickly, and up to my room.