Chapter 5;Fatoso

Loralie's P.O.V.-

Mad? I don't know. Sad? Definitely. How far had I gone before it became a joke to him, what else was there to see, how far must I go, before I realize Damon Salvatore was a liar, And was willing to say anything to get his way, even if it hurt the girl he was supposedly in love with.

The edge of my bed comforted me as I sat and stared at the window. Major depression move, I know. I wasn't depressed, but I don't know anybody that would go out to party when they are as confused as I am. "Loralie?" I rolled my eyes, why even say my name like that. He knew good and well I was in there.

I stayed silent as the door was slowly pushed open, and Stefan stepped inside. He slid his hands into his pockets and rocked back-and-fourth on his heels, nervously searching the room for a conversation starter. 

"Before you say anything," I said breaking the silence. "Can you just..not say anything?" I said raising my eyebrows, but never breaking my gaze from the window. "I could, but then we would just be sitting here in an odd silence." He replied steadying his feet and walking over to me. I sighed and broke my gaze from the window, and looked up at him. 

"True." I said patting the empty spot beside me on the bed, which he gladly filled up. He slid his hands from his pockets and clasped them together before kneeling his elbows on his knees and gazing at me. "Is there anything I can do?" He asked with a serious expression. I looked over at him and tried to figure out what he was thinking about.

"Unless you can magically make this cloud of suckiness migrate away from my head, then I'm afraid not." I said shaking my head and looking back towards the window. He cocked his head slightly and smiled. "You might just be surprised."

"What?" I asked looking over at him. "Well, I can't make them disappear completely, but-" he said with a smile, "I can help take your mind off of them."

I looked over at the window, this had to be a bad idea. Whatever it was, it had to be dumb and I would probably regret it later.

With a sigh I looked back over at him, It couldn't make things any worse. "What do you have in mind?" I asked.

Damon's P.O.V.-

"She just dumped you, like that?"

"For the third time, yeah."  I replied to Bonnie's question before pouring a bit more bourbon into my glass. "Well, you did say some messed up stuff." She said shrugging. "Hey-" I scolded, sending her a sharp gaze. "You're supposed to be helping me, not rubbing it in my face." She held her hands up, "Nothing I can do for stupidity." She replied. 

I ignored her and turned back to my glass. "I mean, it's not just me being,..well me. Lately, her and Stefan have been eye banging from across the room. He looks at her, and she sees it, and then Boom." I motioned an explosion with my hands. "It's like they get lost in each other's eyes?" She asked. 

I nodded and set my cup down before leaning against the bar and gazing at the window. "And that seems to bother you more than the rest of the things because..?" She urged on. "Because," I said picking my glass up, "She used to look at me like that." I said before gulping down the bourbon.

She nodded and looked down at the floor. "They've always looked at each other in an uncomfortable way, but it's not bad until we have problems. It's like, she's drawn to him, and I feel like it's holding her back." I said refilling my cup. "From loving you with all she can..." Bonnie finished for me with a nod. I raised my eyebrows in response and set the cup down. 

She looked down, deep in thought. "Hey, that sounds like something I read a while ago, well, my mom used to warn be about it as a joke.." Bonnie said with a small laugh. I raised my eyebrows at her, "Well, it's about fate." she said looking up at me. "It's a thing called Fatoso. It's when fate or destiny or whatever, has a..glich, I guess. And instead of making a pair of soulmates, it makes it to where a person, is meant to be with someone who is meant to be with someone else. It's rare, but.." She looked up at me slowly, "It happens.." 

"You don't think.." I sad narrowing my eyes. "Well, all the signs are there, Damon. She's in love with you, but she's never actually been yours, not completely. She hasn't loved you with all she can, like you have her, because you are meant to be with her, but she..."

"She's meant to be with Stefan." I finished for her, looking at her with wide eyes.