Chapter 26;The Eyes.

Loralie's P.O.V.-

"I found the kid!" Damon called out as he closed the door behind him as we entered the familiar house. I gazed around before setting my eyes on Stefan as he came into view. "You found her.." His voice was surprised, and weak. 

"That's not the good news."

"It's not?" I mumbled quickly,

"Seems she's recovered from bitch-itus." He added. After a warning glare, Stefan smiled softly, "Loralie?"

"Yup,.." I replied with a shrug and a weak smile, "It's all me."

He looked me up and down before smiling once again. A small, uncomfortable, warning cough escaped Damon's throat as he shuffled his feet to stand partially between me and Stefan. I watched from the sidelines as the two brothers stared one another down, as though I were a spectator. 

Finally, Stefan cleared his throat and nodded to me before turning and walking back into the living room. 

"I'm going upstairs to..do stuff." I mumbled, side-stepping onto the stairs before jogging up them.

---

"So, you're saying that when it's  born, it's eyes will tell us?"

"Exactly, when the baby comes out, since you're part human it will take on it's father's dominant genes, since their full vampires. So, if it has green eyes, it's stefan's. If it has blue, it's Damon's."

"Thank you Bonnie..and I'm really sorry."

"I already said it's fine, don't worry."

I finally finished apologizing to Caroline and Bonnie when I placed the phone down in my lap. The room fell silent as I pushed myself off of the bed before walking quietly out of the room and towards Damon's. The door was open and he stood, with his head in his dresser as he searched for something.

"Hi." I said softly. "Come to steal a quick peek?" He asked snatching up a shirt and turning to gaze at me. "No worries, I'll just act like you're not here." He said before pulling his shirt off in one quick motion.

I sighed and looked away, ignoring his smirk as he slid the new one on. "We need to talk about this."

"About Stefan's staring problem? I noticed it too, I think he might-"

"Damon. I'm talking about the little problem." I qouted with my fingers. "Well, you can't blame me, you weren't very clear the first time."

I sighed, "We need to talk about it."

"I was hoping we could just avoid it."

"For how long? Damon, this baby is going to be born soon, whether you like it or not and.."
 He gazed up from the floor to me, " There's things we need to figure out."

"Like what, Lori! It's either mine or Stefan's." He said loudly, though I wouldn't consider it a yell.

"And what if it's yours!?" I matched his tone and he went silent. "Are you going to just run off again and leave me alone here with your baby! Think of it like this Damon, this is your one chance at a family, and I understand maybe I'm not who you want to have it with, but-" His eyes grew confused and angry as I spoke.

Without warning he walked towards me quickly, before grabbing my face in his hands and pressing his lips to mine.

 When he pulled away his blue eyes showed anger as he stared into mine, "If I didn't want you I wouldn't have come back." He said.

"And Stefan's baby or not, I just got you back and I'm not giving you up."

"Bonnie said the baby will take on it's father's eyes." I blurted out.

"I..okay." He said in a confused tone. "I just need some sleep.." I mumbled. "Goodnight, Loralie." Damon mumbled before leaning in and kissing me again.