PART 12: The Lost Ones .7

Godrick's P.O.V

I decided to accompany Jack and Mina to the Duncan house that morning for one reason and one reason alone. Will and Keith were officially settled in Timmins, and Evelyn had been by the compound the day before to confirm where they had gone. That meant that Rebecca knew that Will had left her by now and I could make a move.

I had been on and off flirting with her for a few months now and, now that Will was gone, I was certain any move I made on her would be better received.

Jack was helping Mina take her supplies out of the truck while I was standing there staring at the house. Usually, I wasn't nervous about going inside, most people thought Evelyn Duncan's house was scary but I didn't.

No, today I was nervous because I was going to be making a move on a girl, I was pretty sure was out of my league. And despite my dashing good looks and my involvement with the Drifters, I never really pulled in a lot of female interest. Or at least I didn't care to notice any interest from other females before.

Now that it mattered, I was decidedly more nervous about this endeavour then I expected.

"What's got you twitching?" Jack asked from the general direction of the truck bed.

I muttered something along the lines of: "Nothing" but Jack didn't listen.

"This got something to do with a certain red-head?"

It did but I didn't need Jack teasing me about it.

"Just flash her your most debonair grin, flip your hair out of your eyes and go for the ask."

"Yeah like that's been working for your girl," I snapped before I could stop myself.

It wasn't a secret that Jack had a thing for Melissa. A very much unrequited thing at that. I didn't need to be mean about it just because I was nervous though.

"Hey! Melissa's a special breed, you know?" he said ignoring the huff that was coming from Mina, which was his current girl/fuck-buddy. "Yours is a basic bitch and she'll fall for the cocky charms of a guy like you no problem."

I turned to scowl at him but he was just smiling stupidly at me and I found that I couldn't bring myself to argue.

I followed Jack and Mina into the house, Mina was set to take Melissa's cast off today and Jack was there to make Melissa uncomfortable with his flirting.

I took my boots off, which was something Evelyn requested every time we came in. Jack and Mina had to do the same thing. Melissa was waiting for them in the living room, which was a large room right off of the front foyer that served more as a rec room than anything else. Once Mina and Jack were properly situation, I went went looking for Rebecca, who was easy enough to find as she was just in the kitchen, which was the other room on the other side of the front foyer.

I didn't even get to say hello, the second I walked into the kitchen, she was standing on her feet and coming towards me.

I smiled thinking that, maybe, since Will had left she'd make the first move so I wouldn't have to. That would take all the pressure off of me if that were the case. But it wasn't. Which was made evident the second she slapped me across the face.

I put a hand to my cheek and then stared at her. "What the hell? I... just... what the hell?!"

I had no words, I have no idea what I could have done to upset her, I had just got here and I hadn't even said anything yet!

"You knew he was leaving, didn't you?" she hissed and internally I groaned. I did know he was leaving, only because Jack had mentioned it in passing to me, but he had also mentioned that it had to be a secret.

I wasn't certain why but I figured Will would have told her that he was leaving, now I was starting to realize that he probably hadn't. Like the coward he was.

My silence and the look on my face is all the answer Rebecca needs because suddenly she's crying and screaming and I'm backing away looking for any way out of this situation.

"That is an absolutely horrid thing, Godrick! How could you not tell me that he was planning on leaving me? What did you think it was funny? Let's laugh at stupid pathetic Rebecca, her husband's leaving her and she can't know cause she's crazy!"

I was starting to think that maybe Will had been right about the crazy thing.

"No..." I tried to tell her but she cut me off.

"Oh yeah right! I bet you and the rest of the Drifters thought it was absolutely hilarious! Well! I did not and let me tell you I am never going to forgive you, do you understand? Never! And I'm never going to talk to you again!"

She then shoved past me rushing to the stairs to disappear upstairs. I noted that Connor was in the doorway, just at the bottom of the stairs. He watched her run up the stairs and then he turned back to me. He couldn't fix his face in time to hide the glee that was covering it.

I glared at him but then focused in on Jack who came to stand beside him. His eyes had followed her up the stairs and then he turned back to me, pity shining in his eyes.

"Damn. She's fucking crazy," he said with a sigh. "You dodged a fucking bullet man."

Connor turned a glare at him.

"You guys helped her husband run away from her, she has a right to be mad at you guys."

Jack turned to Connor, looked him up and down and said: "I hit you with a car, and then you cried like a little bitch for Evelyn to save you. I wouldn't be so quick to jump to anyone's defence with that track record." Connor went bright red and internally I cheered for Jack. "Besides, the only reason you're saying that is cause you want to get into her panties."

If it was possible Connor went an even brighter shade of red. "Maybe I already did," he whispered, before heading up the stairs, this time he did nothing to hide the smirk that was playing across his face.

Oh, how I longed to chase after him and knock that smirk right off his face like but I couldn't. He was with Evelyn now so I couldn't hit him, so it would be better to just walk away.

But Jack was right. I was better off anyway. I didn't want that kind of crazy in my life anyway.

And that was exactly what I was going to tell anyone who asked.