PART 5: Unlikely Coincidences .2

Godrick's P.O.V.

Spectacles, or whatever his name was, had been fixing the flat tire for at least twenty minutes. Evelyn had waited until his back was turned to hand me a small vile that was half filled with a viscous green liquid that I didn't have to smell to know it had a putrid odor. I took the vile and gave it a quick look over before pocketing it before our unwelcome mechanic could notice.

"Is that all you got?" I hissed to her.

Evelyn merely shrugged. "It was all Steve could give me today," she said folding her arms over her chest. She hadn't shown me the vile that Steve had given her but I could bet money on it being filled more than mine.

I lounged back against my van carefully, my fingers itching for a smoke but not wanting to get lectured by her again, I decided to finger the carton in my pocket instead.

"Did you talk to Steve about this arrangement?"

Evelyn sighed and rolled her eyes. She shot a glare at me that I couldn't help but smirk at. "You know, you're the one who said that it would be healthy for me to live with other people," she growled.

"Yes but I meant move Cooper in or something, not a bunch of strangers who tried to steal your house from you." Evelyn rolled her eyes again and I found myself huffing. "What did Steve say Eve-ee?"

"He's not too thrilled with it, so if I need help evicting them when I get tired of this experiment he'll be more than happy to help me out," she said with a shrug. She caught my surprised look and merely asked me: "What?"

I knew better then to question her idea of an experiment and I was a little disappointed that Steve hadn't told her not to. If there was anyone who could have talked sense into Evelyn it would have been him. I frowned at her oblivious smile, knowing full well that she knew the dangers of this experiment and that it would most likely get her killed.

"Evelyn, this is a horrible idea." I was not willing to give up even though I'd probably go blue in the face before she listened to me. I knew I had to try.

"You're the one who wanted me to live with someone," Evelyn repeated with a casual shrug. "'You shouldn't be on your own' and all of that, remember?"

I scowled at her, of course Evelyn would find a way to use my own words against me. Already our argument was going in circles, so I tried again. "Yes, but I meant someone you know and trust, like Cooper."

Evelyn shot me an unimpressed glare. "I can't have Cooper in my house, his experiments always explode or escape, my house wouldn't survive him."

I ran a hand over my face as I sighed with aggravation. I remember a lot of Evelyn's experiments exploding as well. I knew that there would be nothing I could do talk her out of this.

"Fine, you want to continue with this doomed social experiment fine by me. But when this explodes in your face, as we both know it will, you are going to call me and if I can, I'll get you out of it," I swore.

Evelyn's smile was one of amusement, and I knew that she was smiling at my naivety. Evelyn would never call me, she'd call Steve. Steve was stronger and more effective. I would be the second call, the clean up call. The one who'd dealt with the carnage Steve left behind so Evelyn wouldn't have to look at it.

We stood in that charged silence staring at one another, I with an expectant glare, demanding her to argue with me, she with that amused grin knowing I had read her thoughts. Those blue eyes of hers were sparkling with mischief and it made me nervous to see it.

"Okay, the car's fixed," Spectacles said coming to join us.

Evelyn nodded. "Alright, I'll take the van back to headquarters, Godrick you take Spectacles back to the house," she said before skipping off. If she thought I wasn't going to follow her to headquarters then she was out of her mind. I didn't trust those guys either, they had gotten a little power crazy as of late and I was worried they'd betray Evelyn at some point. But at that point I was just going to have to worry about having to take Spectacles with me.

Spectacles watched her go for a fraction of a second before he turned back and began smiling warmly at me. "Looks, like it's just us guys going on a road trip."

I shook my head and walked away from him before he could spout anymore garbage. Just because Evelyn had decided to take them in didn't mean I had to be nice to them as well.