PART 13: Shopping Spree .4

Rebecca's P.O.V.

Make up.

That's all I wanted.

Okay that's a lie.

I also wanted designer shoes. And designer clothes. And designer purses.

Oh, and new shiny rings and necklaces to wear.

And I couldn't even begin to tell you how much I wanted to hit a lingerie shop.

I had Connor as my buddy and he should have been grateful. Grateful to be spending time with me, to carry my bags for me. To watch me try on clothes. But all he did was bitch.

Apparently, there were stores he wanted to hit as well, but who cares about videogames, computers and books when you could have a hot girlfriend? Didn't he want me to look good?

He got so annoyed with me that he actually left me on my own. Oh and best believe I couldn't wait to tell Evelyn that he had broken the second rule. She was going to kill him and I was going to laugh.

And though he left me will all my bags I found it in myself to carry all of them and collect even more. All that mattered at that point was my designer shopping spree.

But if Connor thought he was getting laid tonight, or he'd get to see any of the Victoria Secret skimpy matching sets I picked out today any time soon he had another thing coming.

I went about the rest of my shopping trying to lug all my stuff. I eventually got a suitcase to put everything in to help me roll around. I kind of wished for a shopping cart but malls didn't have those.

I was already practicing my speech and my fake tears so Evelyn would side with me about Connor getting punished. I knew that, since I wasn't Evelyn's favourite person in the house, if Connor told her the reason he left me was because I was being unreasonable, she'd likely side with him. But he had still left me, and that was like a rule she drilled into us, don't leave your buddy, and he should get in trouble for that.

But it needed to come from Evelyn because, try as I might, no one would defer any sort of leadership role to me. Though I was low-key very happy about that, cause, ew, who would want that kind or responsibility? It meant I wasn't in the limelight and I did like being the center of attention.

I was heading back to where we had come in with the car when I heard the big booming order of RUN echo through the mall and I immediately took off trying to get the car. I didn't care about the others. All that mattered was that I survived.