PART 7: Well Laid Plans .1

Rebecca's P.O.V

We had been at the Shady House for a month now and we still hadn't gotten the password. We had gotten comfortable and no doubt would be helpless if we had to leave this place, but it wasn't ours and that pissed me off. Okay, I can be honest, I wasn't really angry about not having the house to ourselves. I was pissed that Melissa kept abandoning us to go on adventures with Evelyn.

Apparently Evelyn was just always gone, all the time, for long periods of time, and now she was taking Melissa with her. That meant when the two got home there was this big fanfare. Oh My Gosh! Evelyn and Melissa's are back! What did they bring back for us? Food? Clothes? Videogames? Movies? Weapons?

And they always brought something. Even then, when the excitement about the new things wore off, the attention was still on Evelyn, because she ran the house and she was in charge of getting everything. And that was just as annoying if you asked me.

Evelyn we need a new light bulbs. Put it on the list. Evelyn we're running low on ice cream. Put it on the list. Evelyn the house shut off the water again! Fine I'll fix it.

Sure the shut off times were longer now, waiting at least four days before starting sleep mode. But it still happened and it pissed me off. Oh, and that list? Evelyn had a huge whiteboard on the wall on the second floor, coincidentally the floor where she had put us, the third floor was apparently hers. I thought it was an attic, turns out it was Evelyn's little abode.

Anyway, this whiteboard had columns on it with names. Names of people she needed to go scavenge for, some of them I knew, like Flemming and Jack, others were unfamiliar to me, like Cooper and Tiberus. She had our names up too, a subsection under the column for the house. All we had to do was write what we wanted down and at some point Evelyn would go and get it.

And yeah, that was pretty cool but we had some pretty stupid rules too.

Okay, so maybe they weren't all that stupid.

The first one was don't touch her computer, which we did all the time, it was on the second floor for some reason, off of this other room we weren't allowed to touch. Melissa reckoned it belonged to a family member, but the thing was covered in dust and boyish memorabilia so it was clear that whoever had it had belonged to wasn't around anymore.

The second rule was don't go onto her floor, which was easy enough to obey as she locked the fucking door to it.

The third was don't mess with the wall of generators in the basement. Like we ever would.

The fourth was don't let the zombies out.

The fifth was don't let anyone in.

The Sixth was remember to feed the zombies. Why the hell would we want to feed the zombies? Luckily the boys would do that for me.

So you see, some were stupid, some were essential. But even though our quality life had greatly increased and I now had everything I could really want, I wasn't happy. I wasn't the center of attention, Evelyn kept allowing Will to have his own room and time away from me, I literally had nothing to do in this big house except for chores which I hated, and no one ever came to see me.

The only people who showed up these days were either Jack or Godrick, usually it was Godrick bringing Jack but both of them were only interested in seeing Evelyn. Sure Godrick was always interested in talking to me, but his main concern was Evelyn and not me and Jack's main concern was either Evelyn or Melissa, more often Melissa.

This week Evelyn and Melissa had been gone six days, which was longer than usual. And as I mentioned before the house starts shutting off after four days. We immediately went into panic mode, we attempted to contact Evelyn but she wasn't answering her radio, so we filled the sinks and bathtubs with water and got the flashlights. I was absolutely livid.