PART 3: The Mad Scientist .2

Silas' P.O.V.

Saying I was angry was an understatement. Angry was when Jack and his little friend Godrick had decided that they weren't going to be a part of this mission. Going on a mile a minute about how Evelyn was unpredictable and the house was impenetrable and they wanted to live; thank you very much.

No, I had flown past angry by the time every last one of my men had been eaten by her zombies. I mean, I knew she had zombies on the property but these were super zombies. They had countered every attacked, climbed up onto every surface after us.

The only place they hadn't followed me was into the moat. Even she couldn't teach these zombies to swim.

So there I had waited, floating with my head just above the surface for Evelyn to call her zombies back inside. The water was this horrible grey murky mess that tasted horrible and felt horrible. I hated every second I was in that gunk but it was either that or die by zombie. By the time she had shown up and literally scolded her zombies back into the compound I was so angry the water could have boiled around me.

I mean, who the hell did she think she was, the Jane Goodall of zombies?

I pulled myself out of the water and snuck up on her and her new friend... if I could call her that. I mean, by the looks of her Evelyn had put her through hell as well. Both were staring down the grate into where the zombies had gone, and I knew that as long as they were distracted neither would notice me.

I got to the brunette first and knocked her out with one swift hit to the back of her head. Her body went down like a bag of bricks and I launched myself at Evelyn. She had been trying to back away from me, but my hands caught a hold of her legs as I fell and together we went down.

I crawled up her body as she tried to kick me off, ignoring the pain of each jab. Her hands went to my shoulders trying to push me off, but I was unstoppable. I was on top of her in seconds, my hands enclosing around her throat.

"I'm going to choke the life out of you and feed you to your own creations you sick bitch!" I screamed at her while she writhed beneath me.

When she couldn't get my hands off of her throat she began to claw at my arms, digging her nails further into my skin. I could see the stars floating above her eyes. I would not be deterred. She changed her tactic, her nails seeking my eyes, gouging at my cheeks, regrettably my grip loosened just for a moment as I tried to stretch out of scratching rage, but that was all Evelyn needed.

The temporary shift in power allowed her to slam her elbows into my arms, causing them to buckle. Once the hold was gone she had her knee in my groin. She pulled herself out from under me and with all the power she possessed she kicked me, full force with both of her feet, sending me tumbling backwards.

She backed away from me, one had on her neck coughing loudly, eyeing me like a tiger eyed its prey. I eyed her back. Getting to my feet I could only think of getting a hold of her neck again and this time snapping it.

"If you leave now I'll let you keep your life," she warned, her voice nothing but a low throaty rumble. Her voice had never sounded so dangerous before. A whisper of dread rushed through me, but I brushed it aside.

"You're not in a position to being throwing around threats," I snapped back.

Her eyes darkened, her face changing showing some sort of emotion I had never seen on her face before.

"You're making the mistake of making me angry," she snarled.

"And what are you going to do about it girlie?" I asked in a taunting tone.

A mask of rage donned her face and in that split second I regretted the decision to take her on. Evelyn tackled me full on with a force I had not been able to take. I fell to the ground, my back hitting the hard grating of her zombie cage. We rolled back and forth along the painful metal poles in a wrestling match with no holds barred. She kicked, she scratched, and she bit in a maddened fashioned and I did the same.

She was herding me towards something, I could tell by the way she moved and pushed. I didn't know what until half my body was over the edge of the cage opening and by then it was too late. I took a hold of her hair as she pushed me over, gladly taking a clump of her hair with me as I fell, landing in the sticky mud beneath.

I had heard enough stories to know what happened at this end of the cages, and as I heard the grunting and shuffling of the undead coming towards me that whisper of dread came back full force. I looked up in time to see a breathless Evelyn slam the opening shut and knew that I was trapped.

"You crazy bitch! Let me out!" I screamed. She gave me no vocal response, but I saw the answer in the ice that had come over those knowing blue eyes as they watched me.

I turned and saw them, the zombies that had taken apart my crew, sliding on their bellies as they climbed under the barbed wire. The only thing that stood in front of me and the zombies was an iron gate, one could easily be popped off hinges. But they couldn't know how to get through that, could they?

"Evelyn! Don't do this!" I cried.

The first of the zombies had made it to the door, I could hear the iron wailing as they began to lift and jiggle it all together as a team. Instinctively I began to climb the ladder to get to the top of the opening, hoping that I could convince Evelyn to let me out.

"Come on, I'll do anything you want!" I cried.

The iron snapped and I knew I had little time left. Everyone knew zombies could climb, they hadn't before, but somehow they had learned and I think I knew—everyone in the city had known—that it was Evelyn's doing.

Evelyn's face stayed the same, the ice in her eyes mirrored by the frozen features of her face. She was once again emotionless.

"Evelyn, please," I begged.

Something was beneath me and before I could register to kick it away, it had a hold of my ankle and was pulling me down. As I fell down to the zombies awaiting me below I caught a smile on Evelyn's face. And I cursed the day I ever met the bitch.