PART 6: Car Troubles .2

Dorian'sP.O.V.

I waited on baited breath for Evelyn's car to start. I and then continued to hold my breath as she drove past my gates. I was more than a little surprised she didn't kick down my door and demand to know what I was up to. I wasn't stupid, I knew she knew something was up. I could tell by the way those ice-cold blue eyes had narrowed at me. She probably knew I had betrayed her the second she saw that extra payment waiting for her on the table.

Honestly, Evelyn had been such a good ally that I had sort of felt bad selling her out the way I had. And I had been on the fence on actually going through with it, but after she let that little bitch knock me out and then refused to sell her to me, I had made my mind up. She deserved what she was going to be driving into and she was finally going to get what was coming to her. Not to mention Sierra was paying me an amazing price for this, so much so that it kind of made up for loosing whatever future profits I might have gotten from Evelyn.

I picked up the radio with surprisingly steady hands and turned the signal to the right frequency.

"This is Flemming, she's on the main road. Look for the Jurassic Jeep," I said. Despite my outward confidence, I was unable to cover the waver in my voice.

Angry or not, even I knew what would happen if Evelyn survived this and I didn't want to have to stare down Steve. I'd just have to pray that this went well and that Steve never found out that I was involved.